Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Since I started doing DIY I shake everything out of habit even the VG/PG. Like smoking old habits are hard to break.....
I caught myself shaking PG the other day. Felt rather silly for it, but good thing there was no one else around to see.

(Err, that wasn't meant to be a joke, I really did catch myself absentmindedly shaking a bottle of PG before pouring -- as if to mix up the contents -- until I realized it was a pure substance I was "mixing.")

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've wondered about this myself.

Given what Kurt has said I'm not concerned about it separating once it's thoroughly mixed, especially in the freezer. But maybe there's a chance it arrives from the vendor less than perfectly mixed.

Problem is it arrives in a full bottle which makes shaking problematic, as someone pointed out above. So what do you do? Transfer it to a larger bottle and shake it? Pour it into a big measuring jug and stir it? Anything like that is going to add oxygen. I've heard people suggest using a bottle roller, which would work on a full bottle, but they aren't cheap.

Maybe it's throwing the dice somewhat, but I decided not to worry about it. If there was a general problem with incompletely mixed nic solution it seems like we would have heard about it by now. And I can tell the difference between 6mg and 12mg juice so I'm confident that if I mixed up some juice with really high nic level I would notice.

We are talking about a small number of what seem like good professional vendors and I'm willing to trust their procedures.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I caught myself shaking PG the other day. Felt rather silly for it, but good thing there was no one else around to see.

I shake the heck out of flavors even though I'm told that anything that's miscible with PG won't come out of solution. I'm from the crowd that believes it can't hurt and will probably help. I've had a few flavors that I didn't shake and the first batch was wonderful. Maybe flavor floated to the top and didn't get mixed in transit. The second batch was blah in flavor. Maybe there's non-miscible ingredients in flavors.

Nic is supposed to be something that shouldn't have to be shaken once it's properly mixed, but I didn't see the vendor put it on the shaker after it was bottled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread