Nic To High

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplynewt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Titus, Alabama
Having just started vaping a couple weeks ago, I am now getting into finding the flavors I like best. I recently purchased 3 juices from a local Vape Shop and unfortunately they did not have the Nic level I am accustomed to. I have started out with 8mg and what they had in the flavors I picked were 12mg and 6mg and I was told that the difference between 8 and 12 was not that much and that I would hardly notice it.

Got home and fired the first one up, a, E-juice 2 Die 4 Blend Called Deaths Delight. It tasted good in the Shop but they set out 0mg tatsers so you can get the full flavor of the juice. I got home and after loading the clearo, I almost gagged at the high Nic Level. Tried the 2nd and 3rd flavores I purchased, all 12mg, and it was the same thing. I like the 8mg because it is not that strong and keeps me away from the Stinkies.

Is there something I could get to cut the Nic Level down? What can I do besides taking it back to the Shop I purchased them from?

Thanks For Your Time.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Wow, I'm sorry. That store mislead you big time -- if you normally vape 8mg, you should have gotten their 6mg juice.

You can cut the nic level down by adding unflavored pg/vg to the bottle. (Some DIYer will have to come along here and give you the specifics of how to do that!) Halo sells a high-pg unflavored eliquid called Fusion; you can add a few drops of that to your clearo to cut the nic (it will also dilute the flavor).

See here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/halo/592195-its-finally-time-i-ordered-some-fusion.html

simplynewt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Titus, Alabama
Wow, I'm sorry. That store mislead you big time -- if you normally vape 8mg, you should have gotten their 6mg juice.

You can cut the nic level down by adding unflavored pg/vg to the bottle. (Some DIYer will have to come along here and give you the specifics of how to do that!) Halo sells a high-pg unflavored eliquid called Fusion; you can add a few drops of that to your clearo to cut the nic (it will also dilute the flavor).

See here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/halo/592195-its-finally-time-i-ordered-some-fusion.html

Thanks for the link. Yea I was misled big time. I was also led to believe I was getting a ProTank 2 and it turned out to be e replica. Its looking like I am going to have to pay them a visit come Monday. As Lurch had suggested, I am going to have to see if they wont cut my juice down with some 0mg so I can retain the flavor.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf simplynewt. I am so glad you are here because you are at place where you can find more accurate information and recommendations that you could ever get in most vape stores. I have only been in two and I know there are some good ones out there, but I was impressed. So if you have any questions or issues, don't hestitate to ask here on ecf. There is always someone here to help you. That is what makes this place so special to me.

Yes diluting down the juice would be easy. Personally, I would go back to the store you bought it from and let them know. They may be able to offer a solution especially if they do any mixing themselves. They would definitely have some 0nic that you could mix 50/50 to take it down. It could be a learning experience for them also. I know that it is our responsibility to be well informed but each store also has a certain amount of responsibility to its consumer. Good customer service is not an option as far as I am concerned....it is a requirement for my future business.

Good luck to you and I wish you well with your vaping. :)

Here is a thread that will let you know some of the good deals offered by good vendors online. It is nice to find a sale when you are starting out and trying to find what juices you prefer. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/418767-deals-steals-211.html

Last edited:
When I buy premade e-liquids, I usually buy very strong flavours (such as Canadian Menthol from Flavour Crafters), at the highest nicotine level (2.4%), and dilute it with VG and PG.

As a result, a $20 + HST (13% tax) 30 ml bottle becomes 5 x 30 ml bottles at a 55 PG / 45 VG ratio with roughly 0.5% nicotine each, and a subtle flavour that doesn't kill my throat. :)

If you want to do something like that, you can usually get the ingredients from a local pharmacy (they may need to order them for you, though), or you can order through Essential Depot (they seem to have the best bang for your buck, especially when it comes to quality).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread