Status
Not open for further replies.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Rob, are the scratches under the plating or the actual plating? Here's a link on polishing NP. Note people warn to be gentle to avoid polishing off or removing plating with chems that are too harsh.

http://forums.aaca.org/f120/polishing-nickle-plate-289781.html

That being said, I'd be more than happy to take a couple of #2 doors off your hands.

Alice

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Oh yea mee tooo. I have an all black right now, would love to get an all nickle grand. Then I could just switch the door whenever I wanted. I'd love to see the doors sold alone. But I read somewhere that sometimes doors don't fit like they are suposed to....
The doors are interchangeable Some of the early mods I built I wasn't making sure all the magnets were put in the same direction . I will be selling the doors with lose magnets so this shouldn't be a problem

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
Well I ran 50 nickel plated mini mods just like the polished anodized mods I lost 60% of them to scratched doors.There will be very few nickel plated mini mods with nickle doors. I tried but this just wont work 60% is unacceptable.I will list the ones that pass qc the remainder I will use colored doors. Here are some picks
014.jpg

007-1.jpg

003-3.jpg

001-2.jpg

the one on the far left looks gold...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread