Nicoticket flavor intensity level question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK0416

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Mount Dora FL
Clark has been very helpful and he thought I should post my question. I ordered all of their flavors at the end of January/early February and would like to ask the following:

I know this is not an exact science but I would like to have some opinions. Using Virus as a gauge. Assume Virus is a "100" on a flavor intensity scale, what would CLS, CB and Frenilla be? Intensity not necessarily if one likes the flavor.
as an example:
Virus 100
CB 70
Frenilla 80
CLS 60

Thank you in advance.

Mike
fyi - I use either HH.357's, Ikenvape cannons, GG Odysseus at 8.5-9.5 watts

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
I'd say that's a pretty accurate judgement Den...for me CLS seems to pop out more than CB, but other than that, I'd say its accurate. After all, taste is subjective, blah blah....

It was a toss up on that one. That wonderful caramelized sugar flavor in the CB pops for me a little more than the mellow smoothness of the custard. However, all of my NT bottles know that I love them all equally.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

revco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Missoula, MT
I don't have much more to add number wise, many of the heavy hitters around here have answered more accurately than I could. Clark's juices do hit pretty hard and have a bit more flavor in my estimation...or maybe that's just a subjective "tastes more"...I don't know. I love the Virus, but hitting it on cotton time after time can get exhausting on the tastebuds sometimes! I actually just tried it on an rda with a silica build and it calmed it down quite a bit...clearomizers do the same, but even a bit more. I guess what I'm saying is that your setup has as much to do with the flavor intensity as the juice itself, really.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I don't have much more to add number wise, many of the heavy hitters around here have answered more accurately than I could. Clark's juices do hit pretty hard and have a bit more flavor in my estimation...or maybe that's just a subjective "tastes more"...I don't know. I love the Virus, but hitting it on cotton time after time can get exhausting on the tastebuds sometimes! I actually just tried it on an RDA with a silica build and it calmed it down quite a bit...clearomizers do the same, but even a bit more. I guess what I'm saying is that your setup has as much to do with the flavor intensity as the juice itself, really.

This is so very true! Well put.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I have a tendency to 'pair' liquids with devices - once I find a combination that generally works for me... I generally stick with it. It's notable that there are some cases where I'm not "blown away" or "over the moon" about every liquid. I guess for me personally, I am looking for "full bodied flavor" that still attends to the nuances I myself enjoy in every respective liquid. I'd have to think about the number rating system - there is a wide variance depending on the device.

GCD in the KFL+ with a single microcoil, 1.1ohms, 4.0v... 110. The same liquid in the Origen v1 Dripper, .65ohm dual coil, on the Stingray with a fresh 18650 - 60... but I get less cinnamon and more pastry - I actually enjoy it more (recently).

Interesting thread though... I am really curious what people think.

knotin1

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
here
Here is the problem. Rating juice is not the same as rating food. Way way way to many variables.

Watts.
Ohms.
Coils.
Gauge of wire.
Length of wire.
Diameter of coil.
How well coil is made.
Wick.
Thickness of wick.
Device.
Airflow setting on device.
Room temperature affecting viscosity.
Steeping time.
Steeping system.
One's draw.

If everyone of these things is slightly different then yours, then the taste can be completely different then what you are tasting.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
This is so very true! I have come to love the slight cinnamon and heavier pastry and icing flavor of GCD in my PTs so that juice lives there. In my bottom feeder everything else is better so there is a constant rotation going on with that setup. I feel like I never really tasted CLS, CB or the virus until I had them in my Dibi. Fun thread! :thumb:

MikeK0416

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Mount Dora FL
Here is the problem. Rating juice is not the same as rating food. Way way way to many variables.

Watts.
Ohms.
Coils.
Gauge of wire.
Length of wire.
Diameter of coil.
How well coil is made.
Wick.
Thickness of wick.
Device.
Airflow setting on device.
Room temperature affecting viscosity.
Steeping time.
Steeping system.
One's draw.

If everyone of these things is slightly different then yours, then the taste can be completely different then what you are tasting.

Its not "rating the Nicoticket juice" it is indexing the amount of flavor/intensity of one flavor comparing to a baseline juice for that particular person and their equipment.

MikeK0416

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Mount Dora FL
This is so very true! I have come to love the slight cinnamon and heavier pastry and icing flavor of GCD in my PTs so that juice lives there. In my bottom feeder everything else is better so there is a constant rotation going on with that setup. I feel like I never really tasted CLS, CB or the virus until I had them in my Dibi. Fun thread! :thumb:

Interesting note on the CB and CLS. What is the "Dibi"? I am not familiar with that. What atty do you use with it?

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Its not "rating the Nicoticket juice" it is indexing the amount of flavor/intensity of one flavor comparing to a baseline juice for that particular person and their equipment.

I think I see where you are headed - an "all devices created equal" type intensity rating?

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
The taste that you get can be broken down as well. Maybe taste accuracy, subtleness and boldness of flavor, TH strength, smoothness, inhale flavor and ex-hale flavor, probably a couple of others.

I like the general direction you took this Frenchfry - makes more sense to my analytic brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread