Coil cloggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonflie

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
Good morning! General question.

Which NT flavors would you say are the hardest on coils, and which the easiest? I'm only getting one kayfun and still plan on using my two mini nautis throughout the day. I would like to keep the least forgiving juice in my kayfun because I can cheaply rebuild coils, and of course the opposite for the nautis.

Any suggestions? Thanks! For reference, my daily rotation includes virus, wakonda, CLS and Frenilla.

Sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Mikeo

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Central Illinois
Dragonflie, sorry I can't be of any help, I'm kind of the same boat. I guess I really don't worry about it because I wind coils for everything except my Nautilus, and for it I bought half a dozen 5 packs when I found a good sale price. I don't know if you are using the bvc in your Nautilus, but if not, they are worth a try, really make a difference in the performance....

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
In my experience any NT juices I've run through my taifun GT have gunked it up to the point where a re-wicking was needed after about 10ml. That seems to be the threshold for my particulars (builds, equipment, etc.). On my Aerotank coils (also home built) I seem to want to rebuild sooner - probably around 5 ml. This may be more my preferences than a real need to replace. I usually like my coil/wick fresh.

But again to answer you're question I don't see any major difference between them. They're all pretty sweet liquids. BG and cookie may be the only ones I would specifically call out as being worse than the bunch. Those two are notorious coil wreckers.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I run almost 12 mls through my Reos with CLS/CB/Virus/Wakonda before I find I need to re-wick and dry burn. Also FYI NT Fruit flavors have always been coil killers for me.

Betelgeuse and Gravity are both tough. Gravity is so bad I think I am going to do a small recipe change.

Got Cookie is a serial killer (very very dark) - really only recommended for people who build their own coils...

The Virus has a NET component so it's rougher than a "lab tobacco" - comparatively speaking. Still not outrageous like some (most?) NET tobaccos?

I was just made aware that Rainier Cherry was pretty tough, but it's MAXVG so you kinda have to expect that.

All of the liquid, on a scale of 1-10 where 1 is the least sweet, and 10 is cloyingly sweet - is about a 7-8. It's definitely "on the sweeter side of the spectrum." Sweetener translates directly into carbon buildup on the coil (predicating the need to properly maintenance coils, etc). Comparatively speaking, as a group, I would say the liquid is "less kind to coils than average" (bold admission).

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
Betelgeuse and Gravity are both tough. Gravity is so bad I think I am going to do a small recipe change.

Got Cookie is a serial killer (very very dark) - really only recommended for people who build their own coils...

The Virus has a NET component so it's rougher than a "lab tobacco" - comparatively speaking. Still not outrageous like some (most?) NET tobaccos?

I was just made aware that Rainier Cherry was pretty tough, but it's MAXVG so you kinda have to expect that.

All of the liquid, on a scale of 1-10 where 1 is the least sweet, and 10 is cloyingly sweet - is about a 7-8. It's definitely "on the sweeter side of the spectrum." Sweetener translates directly into carbon buildup on the coil (predicating the need to properly maintenance coils, etc). Comparatively speaking, as a group, I would say the liquid is "less kind to coils than average" (bold admission).

Coil clogging is a small price to pay for the flavor(s) I get. :closedeyes:

And, the relative ease of dry burning, re-wicking, and re-coiling my Reo's make it moot.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com

And, the relative ease of dry burning, re-wicking, and re-coiling my Reo's make it moot.

I still test on clearos (been using a nautilus mini with BVC coils lately) although I typically only run a couple tanks through before I toss a coil... so I am not always the best judge. I should do more extensive (vape it until it's dead) testing for purposes of being able to advice on expectations for coil life. I get some of that from dripping (IE, how frequently do I need to yank and dry burn)... but the clearo is a totally different experience. Pushing people to rebuild is my idea of a "solution" - mostly because I vividly recall my early experience thinking "I don't need a second job" or "doesn't sound like it's worth the trouble" - and then, I tried it. It's *not* that difficult, it saves you a ton of money (so you can buy more joooooose!) and - it empowers you in the event that vapageddon does happen (they will never outlaw kanthal wire). I can't imagine any possible scenario where learning to build coils is any more frustrating that popping in a defective mass produced coil and then tossing $1 in the garbage.

dragonflie

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
I really appreciate all the advice!

I love being able to just pick up another tank throughout the day with other flavors.. In fact, I was just day dreaming last night about having a separate tank for every flavor I have LOL (would need at least 15 then BTW). But I can't afford that many kayfuns, so got to use the nautis too. If only I could dry burn them without getting the awful flavor left behind.

ISGRidge

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2014
Ohio

Agreed. I don't rebuild my coils so I just purchased a couple 50 packs. I save them up in a dish to soak in Vodka for re-use later :)

Small price to pay, for sure!

ISGRidge

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2014
Ohio

I love being able to just pick up another tank throughout the day with other flavors.. In fact, I was just day dreaming last night about having a separate tank for every flavor I have LOL (would need at least 15 then BTW). But I can't afford that many kayfuns, so got to use the nautis too. If only I could dry burn them without getting the awful flavor left behind.

Just do what I've been doing... start mixing them all together. LOL

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com

Am I the only one that thinks dirty thoughts when the ladies call them nautis? I thought so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread