Nicotine base brands do they matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I just started making my own liquids, because politics are atupid and band flavors, I digress. Im useing PURNIC 48mg 100 vg mix i got from nicotineriver. I have gotten decent at mixing. Not there yet, but my question is does the brand of nicotine base matter. While we are at it does brand of vg and pg make a difference.
There are some suppliers that people prefer over others I personally think nicotine river is great they have a good product for a good price and they do seem receptive to customer complaints if there's anything wrong with your order. I personally like to see a spec sheet with anything chemical or wire related to see like what it tests at I believe that Nic River also sells a test kit which to me means that they're backing up their product and are perfectly fine with an individual testing their stuff. In fact they're encouraging it for a small fee LOL there are people that say certain companies are really bad and then other people that say that's their favorite company. In general though Nic River gets pretty good reviews. You can always search for a company to see what people have said recently but in general especially in Google reviews a person is more likely to come online to give a bad review than they are a good review. So often you'll see a disproportionately large group of bad reviews for a company that generally does really good business.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I just started making my own liquids, because politics are atupid and band flavors, I digress. Im useing PURNIC 48mg 100 vg mix i got from nicotineriver. I have gotten decent at mixing. Not there yet, but my question is does the brand of nicotine base matter. While we are at it does brand of vg and pg make a difference.
I just realized that you might be asking a completely different question then the one I just answered and I also thought I should let you know I'm fairly new to this myself. I have never seen a Ejuice calculator or recipe that required a specific kind or brand anyway of Freebase nicotine nor have I ever seen a recipe call for a specific kind of VG or PG other than food grade or above you don't want to use VG or PG that was not meant to be used with humans if that makes sense I believe there are some lower grades of PG and VG that might be more appropriate for other uses other than consumption and you wouldn't want to use that but other than that kind of thing no there's no reason that you have to buy a certain brand of nicotine or PG or VG just find one that you like now there are recipes that might call for a NIC salt which is different than the free base I'm not sure which one you got because I do believe that Nic salts do come in 48 mg but I also have seen Freebase come in 48 mg I'm not that well versed on Nic salt at all like I've never literally never used it other than the first time I tried a juul and almost heaved from coughing and getting dizzy. That was the last time I ever tried a juul because they hit way too hard for me

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Many people here have a favorite supplier... I'm fairly new and have been using nic riv too (they are now called river supply or something) Good thing you already got some, they are temporarily closed because of fires in So Cal. Keep in mind when calculating ratios of VG/PG that your nic is also VG (mine is PG... doesn't really matter) Most VG and PG should be fine (not as critical as nic) I actually just got 48 mg/ml nic in PG and got VG from drug store (make sure it says "USP") and mix 1 to 3 ratio and end up around 65-70VG/30-35PG (including flavors) at 12 mg nic. Next time I'm getting 100 mg nic because it's a better deal for just a little more $. Someone said you can get PG at tractor supply or something like that. Both VG and PG are really cheap anyway. Don't bring up "salts"... a very knowledgeable and long winded guy we call "Bomb" will start his rant again ;) I just use "freebase" but have tried some pre-made salt juices too (but not the strong ones) Keep your nic cool (fridge or freezer)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi Steve,
Huge thread here: Nicotine Comparisons

I am a fan of CHEMNOVATIC nicotine, available here: Vapers Tek

Cheers
I

Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Not there yet, but my question is does the brand of nicotine base matter.

Matters to me. I prefer clear, clean, pure, and flavorless nicotine base. My favorite brands are Nude Nicotine, Chemnovatic (from Poland) and CNT.

Nude Nicotine is the only supplier I know of that sells their nic packed for long-term storage (for additional charge, of course) in glass bottles and sealed with Argon. They also offer their nic in different strengths and choice of diluents (PG, VG and blends).

You can request a free sample for new customers (you only pay for shipping):

Nic Sample Request

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Different brands will have different manufacturing processes, which can leave different residuals in the product. Also, VG and PG vary greatly, esp VG, as I have found how the VG is sourced can drastically alter taste. Nic river has clean tasting VG to me, and in a pinch, Amazon has 4oz for 8$ or so, forget the brand, but saved my .... once. Where as the VG from bull city had a distinctive palm flavor, and was significantly more experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread