Nicotine strength questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
I love tobacco flavor so was browsing through this website.
24mg Dekang Mall Blend/Pal-mal eliquid Nicotine Refill eliquids
Dekang, Portal Blend [Nport] flavored, eliquid, 24mg

My vape is currently the JUUL device nicotine salts with 5% strength... I don't have any other devices and was wondering if these e juice strengths would be stronger than my JUUL pods. Should I refill pods with these juices or what vape would you recommend I buy to use them safely? I don't want to mess up, thanks.

Oh, and has anyone had experience with these? I heard they taste like an unlit pall mall and newport.

Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I love tobacco flavor so was browsing through this website.
24mg Dekang Mall Blend/Pal-mal eliquid Nicotine Refill eliquids
Dekang, Portal Blend [Nport] flavored, eliquid, 24mg

My vape is currently the JUUL device nicotine salts with 5% strength... I don't have any other devices and was wondering if these e juice strengths would be stronger than my JUUL pods. Should I refill pods with these juices or what vape would you recommend I buy to use them safely? I don't want to mess up, thanks.

Oh, and has anyone had experience with these? I heard they taste like an unlit pall mall and newport.

24mg would be good on most MTL type tanks at low wattage. That would be quite strong for a sub-ohm type setup.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
Like others have said nic salts are smoother, have noticeably less throat hit / chest feel.

So the e liquids you linked will 'feel' like a stronger 'hit' even though it contains less nic.
With the high Pg % it will feel even stronger/harsher.
So I should get a lower level of nic?

• Optimistic

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So I should get a lower level of nic?

That depends on what you plan on putting it in, and how you intend to vape it. If you are going to get a sub ohm tank and run it at high watts then yes you want a lower level. If you are going to put it in a mtl tank and run it at lower watts, then that could be a good starting point.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
That depends on what you plan on putting it in, and how you intend to vape it. If you are going to get a sub ohm tank and run it at high watts then yes you want a lower level. If you are going to put it in a mtl tank and run it at lower watts, then that could be a good starting point.
Which device would you recommend that's small like the JUUL and easy to refill?

Which device would you recommend that's small like the JUUL and easy to refill?
I would recommend the Aspire Breeze, which I purchased at my local B+M Vape shop for around $35.00. It’s perfect for refilling with Nic Salts, I’ve been trying different varieties, all 35-50 mg nicotine, and they’ve all been tasty and satisfying, with good vapor production as well. Keep your Juul handy, because that little beast is unique in flavor and satisfaction. Good luck and have fun!

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
I would recommend the Aspire Breeze, which I purchased at my local B+M Vape shop for around $35.00. It’s perfect for refilling with Nic Salts, I’ve been trying different varieties, all 35-50 mg nicotine, and they’ve all been tasty and satisfying, with good vapor production as well. Keep your Juul handy, because that little beast is unique in flavor and satisfaction. Good luck and have fun!
So the aspire breeze and 24mg should give me a similar hit to the JUUL nothing stronger?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You have lots of options. If you like pods, there are plenty better out there than the Juul, and you can get sub0hm pod mods, I believe (not a pod modder). Or, you could look at various mod/tank/kit options.

I would caution against starting out with too high nic if you really want to sub0hm, honestly. Nic overload can come quickly, even with regular nic, but nic salts are reportedly more quickly bioavailable. You will probably have to experiment with your device and juices a bit to hit on the right level for you. Err on the side of lower, first.

Anna

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
You have lots of options. If you like pods, there are plenty better out there than the Juul, and you can get sub0hm pod mods, I believe (not a pod modder). Or, you could look at various mod/tank/kit options.

I would caution against starting out with too high nic if you really want to sub0hm, honestly. Nic overload can come quickly, even with regular nic, but nic salts are reportedly more quickly bioavailable. You will probably have to experiment with your device and juices a bit to hit on the right level for you. Err on the side of lower, first.

Anna
With the aspire breeze I should be safer? Since its not sub-ohm

• Optimistic

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Safety is finding the right nic level for your device. It really depends on how powerful you want to get, it was just a general caution, not "don't do it." Just recognize the sx of nic overload, (e.g. tired, yawning, headache, lightheadedness, nausea) and put the vape down if it happens.

As a general rule, sub0hm (really a sub0hm device) is ran at between 3--12 nic on the high end. I started out with a sub0hm device at 12 nic and got nic sick. I didn't think I would, but I was chain-vaping as I detoxed. That was like my first post on here, "Why am I nic sick?" But I'm fine. I found I vastly preferred MTL anyway, so actually ended up raising my nic to 18. I use nic salts. I have a beating pulse and no (apparent) brain injury or anything.

Decide what you want, plan accordingly, then see how it works out. Drink plenty of water. It's just that sometimes coming from the Juul, people have an artificially inflated idea of how much nic they need because it's such a poor delivery device.

MLT may "feel" like sub0hming to you after the Juul, who knows. I'd pick a tank/mod that has a bit of a range of coils so you can experiment if you like :)

Anna

Reactions: Rossum

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
No one can tell you what you will like or what will work best for you.
Vaping is all a matter of personal preferences, what one or hundreds love, you may hate.

Usually starting nic levels are loosely based on how many packs of cigs a person smokes per day.
Above ohm delivery devices, not nic salts,
2 packs per day - 24 mg/ml
1 pack - 12 mg/ml
10 cigs per day - 6mg/ml

Sub ohm,
Cut the above in half to start adjust up/down as necessary.

I have no idea how it would cross to something like a Juul / My.VonErl pod type.
If I were to use a pod style it would be the MyVonErl.
A Pico & nautilus2 would be a good start also, a few different Ω heads to try, long battery life lots of features.

So the aspire breeze and 24mg should give me a similar hit to the JUUL nothing stronger?
If your shopping online, look for the juice labeled Salt, and you’ll see the strengths run from about 25 mg, 35 mg and 50 mg. There are different brands and flavors, I used one by a company called Naked 100, Really Berry flavor, 35 mg Nic Salts. It’s hard to find 50 mg because I think that’s what a lot of people are buying up. Anyway, I settled for 35 mg and it’s satisfying my cravings, and it’s become my ADV. Aside from the Breeze and the Juule, I have a regular box mod with a tank, and I put 6 mg and up to 12 mg of traditional e-juice in their, because it makes so much vapor any more than that makes me nauseous. It’s ok to have more than one device, then you always have something ready to Vape on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread