Nimbus Clone and Dual Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xylocaine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I recently picked up a Nimbus Clone from fasttech for 6$. Unfortunately it does not have dual air holes (and I currently lack the knowledge of where my drill or the bits have been stored since my most recent move). I was curious if it would be possible/safe/what have you to actually have dual coils running but on the same side so it can take advantage of the single airflow hole?

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
Got mine yesterday, def not the same top cap as the Nimbus. It's a bit taller, ect.

But yeah, that's the first thing I noticed; single air hole.

Plan to drill stiaght thought it, to 1/16th and add a second but haven't yet.

Anyways, prob the same as my Trident (w/ one adjustable or dual air holes). Safe, yes but prob too hot and not really that much more vapor production. I guess it depends on the build. Try it :D

Xylocaine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm gonna give it a go - rebuilt my K100 Atty (from fasttech) with 10 wraps and though I had to lift the cap up for air flow I'm blowing clouds (0.9 ohms). I went to go do my Chimbus (I've heard it referred to as this before) and I could not wrap a coil as tight or as neat as I just had to save my life so I am going to have to give it a go a little later.

Xylocaine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sorry for the lack of updates I've been fooling with this thing for a while now. Yeah I don't notice much difference with dual coils even on the same side. I'm still just aligning the air hole to one coil and getting a good vape off of it - I know this will sound ludicrous but I find the draw a little too airy for my like at 0.7 ohms. Though the draw seemed fine when running dual coils just don't notice much else different than a hotter vape with dual coils. Not much more vapor or anything so I have it set up with a single coil now and its going like a champ other than a slightly airy draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread