The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nimbus clone ...!!!

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by JAY73, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JAY73

JAY73 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2011
    CLEBURNE TX
    Picked one up at my local b&r and when i do a build (using 2 2.7ohm coils) only one side gets good and hot while other is slow to light up. This produces very little vapor anhd kind of sucks. Any tips or ideas would be great!!!

2. yaypudding

yaypudding Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    North of NYC
    What are you using the nimbus on? What gauge kanthal? What kind of coil?

Make sure your post screws are tightened enough would be the first thing I check.

3. bender817

bender817 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Oh look, another Texan! Howdy neighbor. Just snug the screws down like yaypudding said, but not too tight because you can break the wires. Also adjust, poke, prod, and pinch those coils until they are symmetrical. You want them to be identical. What are you wicking with, Jay?

4. scrappy

scrappy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2010
    Seattle
    Both sides have to be even or one side will heat up faster.

Edit- let me add, that pinching your coils can be a little deceiving. They'll glow evenly but once you let it cool down completely and fire it again one side will glow faster than the other. The problem is one wire is longer than the other.

5. JAY73

JAY73 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2011
    CLEBURNE TX
    Ok it seems i left some things out, i am using a sid, 32g & 2mm silica folded in in 3 so i get 6mm under coil. After posting i went and played with it some more and got my first great setup. Still love my igo-l and have been switching between the two.

6. zero66

zero66 Full Member

just make sure both coils are identical if not exactly the same so that they will light up evenly....check the number of loops and length of the legs to be sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.