Nineteen months cig free

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgm219

Dec 3, 2014
Tennessee
I really don't know what to say except thank you to my wife. It was her that dragged me grumbling to a local vape shop so I could start my journey to kicking my pack and a half a day habit. Cancer runs in my family and smoking only upped my odds in the worst way. My mom had breast cancer, and her oldest brother has prostate cancer so my chances of getting something was bad enough as it was. Smoking only compounded those odds.

I started with a Joyetech Ego kit and almost a month later I was off the stinkies. Eight months after that I bought my first VW mod, a Vamo V5, two months later I bought my first RBA, a Tobeco Orchid V4 and now I'm working a Sigelei 150W TC with TFV4, along with making my own coils and juices. I can't run three miles in under 18 minutes anymore (getting older sucks), but I can do 4 miles in under 30 without coughing up a lung, some small intestine, and part of my spleen. vaping did wonders for me, and whenever anyone asks if vaping can do anything for them I say, "Hell yeah it can."

jgm219

Dec 3, 2014
Tennessee
Thank you, Vaslovik! When it came to making my own juices I was the one dragging my wife to the PC to help pick flavors. She says I'm good at making the room smell better now. lol She was nervous about me dealing with nicotine on my own, but now she's all for it. Hats off to you as well! Mixing your own stuff really is fun!

Reactions: Ablonz

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@jgm219 That is awesome to here for you on your 19 months!!!! I wish for some reason I could vape in the house to make it smell better but the wife and I decided it wouldn't be good for the kids as I have never smoked in the house either. I am with ya on DIYing as well but it is no use having the wife pick a flavor as she only has to smell it a couple times a month when we go out. So, I'm just stuck picking my own flavors. Oh well.... speaking of which, I need to start using up my 150 mls of stuff I had already mixed 2 months ago.... plenty of steeping time. ;)

Reactions: jgm219

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Congratulations on the win! I too smoked for 40+ years until I came across a great vape shop who's owner took the time to pick me a nice starter and explain how to use it. Never looked back in the past 30 months.
Now, I do DIY coils and juice and have stocked up just in case it becomes too difficult to get supplies.
Keep on vapin'!

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Congrats! It never gets old reading posts like this. You really should be proud of yourself. I bet you never imagined you'd be off cigs. I know I didn't. You have a great wife that cares about you- good for her! But you deserve a lot of credit for trying it and sticking with it.

Reactions: zoiDman

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I really don't know what to say except thank you to my wife. It was her that dragged me grumbling to a local vape shop so I could start my journey to kicking my pack and a half a day habit. Cancer runs in my family and smoking only upped my odds in the worst way. My mom had breast cancer, and her oldest brother has prostate cancer so my chances of getting something was bad enough as it was. Smoking only compounded those odds.

I started with a Joyetech Ego kit and almost a month later I was off the stinkies. Eight months after that I bought my first VW mod, a Vamo V5, two months later I bought my first RBA, a Tobeco Orchid V4 and now I'm working a Sigelei 150W TC with TFV4, along with making my own coils and juices. I can't run three miles in under 18 minutes anymore (getting older sucks), but I can do 4 miles in under 30 without coughing up a lung, some small intestine, and part of my spleen. Vaping did wonders for me, and whenever anyone asks if vaping can do anything for them I say, "Hell yeah it can."
congratulations keep up the good work. I hit 1 year last month and even my friends are commenting on the improvement in my health. and you are right. getting old does suck hehehehehe

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread