Nitecore Charger Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombies

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
United States
I think I have an issue with my nitecore i2 charger that came with my VAMO kit.

The first slot's lights stay fully lit with nothing being charged, no battery in the slot. The 2nd slot does not. The 2nd slot blinks when its charging, like it should. When I put a battery into the first charger it says fully lit.

Has anyone heard of this problem before?
Think I should contact fasttech support and see if I can return it? Im not sure if it charges the first slot but still Id like to have the lights flash when its charging.

I have tried unplugging the power from the back of it and nothing happens.

Bombies

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
United States
i2 small.jpg Heres a picture of what Im talking about

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
That's not normal (as I am sure you have guessed)

I have that exact brand of charger and never encountered that issue.

As SZ mentioned, it's time to open a ticket with fasttech. They will want you to ship it to Miami. When they receive it, they will ship a replacement.

You have a 6 month guarantee for replacement on it, so if you don't have another battery charger, it's time to get one (you need a backup anyway) while you send it out.

Bombies

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
United States
Update:

I submitted a ticket to fasttech's customer service. I sent them a picture of the problem as well as a description. They said I could return it. I sent it back to Miami, not China. I asked if I could receive a Nitecore i4 charger instead. They said yes as long as I tell them the SKU #. I now have a tracking number and a new Nitecore i4 charger on the way! Excellent customer service.

I also bought an XTAR VP1 charger as my main/car charger.

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine
I think I have an issue with my nitecore i2 charger that came with my VAMO kit.

The first slot's lights stay fully lit with nothing being charged, no battery in the slot. The 2nd slot does not. The 2nd slot blinks when its charging, like it should. When I put a battery into the first charger it says fully lit.

Has anyone heard of this problem before?
Think I should contact FastTech support and see if I can return it? Im not sure if it charges the first slot but still Id like to have the lights flash when its charging.

I have tried unplugging the power from the back of it and nothing happens.

I had the same problem with mine. The next time I tried to use it, smoke started coming out of it. I ended up throwing it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread