Nitecore intellicharger i2 getting HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn23

May 25, 2013
PA
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I recently purchased a nitecore intellicharger i2 for charging my 18650 batteries Upon using it for the first time, the charger became extremely hot. The batteries as well, but I think they only became warm because they were touching the charger (which was much hotter). There was also a faint smell of hot plastic.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]What do you think? I've contacted the vendor and the manufacturer. [/FONT]

Penn23

May 25, 2013
PA
Last edited:

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I recently purchased a nitecore intellicharger i2 for charging my 18650 batteries Upon using it for the first time, the charger became extremely hot. The batteries as well, but I think they only became warm because they were touching the charger (which was much hotter). There was also a faint smell of hot plastic.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]What do you think? I've contacted the vendor and the manufacturer. [/FONT]

What do I think? Trade it in and get a PILA charger......

IceRail

Jun 15, 2013
IL, USA
Does the (yellow & black) factory box say Nitecore Intellicharger i2,... or Nitecore Intellicharger i2v2 ?
The first version had some issues with overheating, especially when using (US) 110 volts as a power supply.

I'm pretty sure Fasttech is still shipping the old ones "free" with the VAMO V3 complete kits. They're not really dangerous, but the DO get uncomfortably.... WARM.
That, and they take six hours to charge a pair of 18650's. :(

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Does the (yellow & black) factory box say Nitecore Intellicharger i2,... or Nitecore Intellicharger i2v2 ?
The first version had some issues with overheating, especially when using (US) 110 volts as a power supply.

I'm pretty sure Fasttech is still shipping the old ones "free" with the VAMO V3 complete kits. They're not really dangerous, but the DO get uncomfortably.... WARM.
That, and they take six hours to charge a pair of 18650's. :(
Bold text = not good for the batteries as the heat is transferred to the bats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread