Nitecore intellicharger i2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
Not sure if I'm having an issue. I put 18490 in charger this morning, went to work, came home and no light on the charger (bay)where that battery is. Then I put another 18490 bat in the other bay and now the led lights are just going up two slots, not 3 lights. I know the bat I just put in needs charged so just two lites is normal I guess, but other bat that I put in it this morning should be charged, but two lites flashing.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
when you put the battery last night.. was it blinking?? if so.. you probably ruined it by leaving it too long in the charger.

battery should not be left on the charger.. if overcharged it goes bad and worst.. it can cause fire.

Some of the cheap older chargers used to still trickle charge batteries after being fully charged. The nitecore doesn't do that. It still isn't good practice but unless something goes wrong with the nitecore charger it won't ruin the battery.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
From the product description for the Nitecore i2 taken from RTDVapor

· Features three charging modes (CC, CV and Trickle Charge)
· Automatically detects battery status and selects the appropriate voltage and charge mode

So the Nitecore i2 should not overcharge the battery. I charge my batteries overnight, every night, just a foot from my head, with no fear or concern. The answer to those questions will help us figure this out.

As for why your battery bay went dark...did you check that battery's voltage after you pulled it off the charger? Was it charged or dead?
Old battery? New battery?

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
So I waited about 30 min and it did finally go to 3 bars lit solid (I wiped my brow and said whew) maybe I was being paranoid about losing my ability to charge. Now the other bat that I know to be fluky still in the bay with only two lites flashing. But since my Provari was giving me the signal that it was ready for charging, I'll give it til the morning and see what happens. I even put a small sharpie pen mark on that bat to keep an eye on it. It seems to discharge faster then any of the others (all 4 bats are pretty new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread