Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
No you cant use fruit juices to flavor e liquids. Or at least you shouldn't. Too many particulates floating around in fruit juices, too much fructose, might hurt your lungs and definitely clog up wicking in a hurry, leading to vaping burnt fructose. Still sound like a viable plan?

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
If I buy flavorless e liquid with nicotine can I flavor it with juices like hi c or Hawaiian punch? I don't think I'll be able to get standard flavoring online or in person very soon.
There shouldn't be any issues getting food flavoring. It's used for flavoring food items and candy and bakery Goods unless you're referring to your own personal ability to purchase these things. You may not be able to purchase them from a store that sells vaping Goods because usually they just stop shipping anything, but you can easily get them from a perfumer or food oriented site or from the manufacturers themselves

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If I buy flavorless e liquid with nicotine can I flavor it with juices like hi c or Hawaiian punch? I don't think I'll be able to get standard flavoring online or in person very soon.
You need to be careful using food flavorings. Some are safe for us to use some are not. If you go to Bull City Flavor any flavors they have NOT listed in the Home Brew line are safe to vape. You can use it for a reference. Also ELR Recipes site has a flavor list (in resources) that will tell what individual flavor & brand is safe or not. If cash isn't a problem the entire Flavorah flavor line is designed for use in vaping.

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I am glad you ASKED. Because the answer is a firm and complete NO.

While you are researching flavors and how to get them, you can use a SMALL amount of vodka in your vape if you want.. Some folks use it for thinning if they can't use much or any PG but it does have a flavor.. Of vodka, which can get old quickly but 2% or so in your unflavored juice shouldn't' hurt you to the best of my knowledge.

I have had folks disagree AND agree with this statement, so also do your due diligence etc.

Good luck,

I would do all things @Letitia said, she is the flavor master.

anna

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Oh another thing if you haven't ever tried it you might actually like the flavor of unflavored e-juice. I actually prefer it to a lot of commercial e-juice lines. And sometimes even though I am starting to mix my own juice and I have some stuff that I really like. I like to just take a break and use clean PG VG and Nic. It really is quite Pleasant. Sometimes I leave the Nic out. Especially when I want to just be a weirdo and blow a bunch of clouds like a dragon. I do that without flavor or nicotine.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
You can add flavoring (concentrated) to existing flavorless e liquid with nicotine. You can not add any juices or flavoring off the grocery shelves.
Here is a quick look into DIY, might like to visit:
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
DIY Vape Juice: How to make your own E-Juice (In Depth Guide)
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
The Ultimate Guide on How To Make Vape Juice & E-Liquid
DIY e-liquid Mixing. Learn how to make your own e-liquids
Tips for Beginners – DIY OR DIE Vaping
Please read the stickies (red pins under Start date) below:
DIY E-Liquid
Noticed you have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question. Suggest posting in DIY forum:
DIY E-Liquid
Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane/extensive information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread