Njoy Npro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
The better half and I are working on making PVs and passthroughs because I'm tired of dealing with the model's batteries.
I don't know if it's my charger with the Elixir but I've had nothing but trouble with the batteries. The Njoy charger will work on mine and I have friends who use it so I guess I'll take it over there to see if it's my charger.
If it is, I'm not buying another. I'll sell the batteries or just use them as parts.
If any, the Skyrl is decent but these too go to the useless battery graveyard too soon with a constant puffer like me. I've concluded that none are going to have longevity.
Why all models don't come with the option of swtiching out batteries is beyond me.
The positive: When the Elixir batteries work, I get a good puff from the atty and I got 8 of those babies.
I still need more atty's so basically my goal is to stock up on them--gotta have enough if the ban hits. Mainly, I make my own nicotine free juice--I do order now and then so I got some nicotine for "those moments." My friends don't refill so I get all their extra cartridges so all I have to do is build whatever to heat the atty up.

Last edited:

usafo8

Aug 9, 2009
I found Customer Service to be great. I bought my NPRO about 2 months ago, and it came with a funky battery. I sent an e-mail. and they called me on the second day. I asked about purchasing a spare atomizer. The CSR said my new battery was in the mail, and not to worry about the atomizer, he threw one in with the battery. Got both 3 days later. After 2 months, the spare atomizer is still in the wrapper.

Wow! You're lucky. Where did you contact customer service? I have called numerous times and left messages and sent 3 emails asking for help. I have never received the courtesy of a response.

I get maybe 8 to 10 puffs from a new cartridge and freshly charged battery and don't know what to do to get it fixed or returned. Anyone have any suggestions?

Let me know at usafo8@gmail.com

Thanks

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
usafo8;

You really don't need NJOY. Start reading around the forum. The NJOY, as you may already know is the RN4081. Cartridges are small, and don't give you a lot of puffs before they run dry. Using factory cartridges is one problem. You need the juice to refill them yourself, at a fraction of the cost. Double size cartridges are also available for longer life.

Double size carts;
Super Mini RN4081 Blank DOUBLE Cartridges - $3.50 : e cigarettes, The electronic cigarette store

Atomizers $5.50ea - Batteries $9.00ea.
Heaven-gifts.com Ruyandirect.com Best E-smoking Shop

Check out the juice suppliers on the Forum.

OMyStarz

Sep 23, 2009
Just a quick note as I am new to this forum....

My DH is a Truck Driver and found this NPro on sale at Pilots currently. I see it mentioned here and there that they are between $60-$80 (don't quote me) but until the 30th of the Month Pilot has them at $49.95 (close enuff).

DH bought one in Louisiana and his co-driver bought one in Texas, and I called my local Pilot in GA and they have them on sale too, so I guess it's a nationwide thing with pilot (except Oregon).

Anyway thought someone might be able to benefit from this since Pilot isn't advertising it in their flier.

Just a quick note as I am new to this forum....

My DH is a Truck Driver and found this NPro on sale at Pilots currently. I see it mentioned here and there that they are between $60-$80 (don't quote me) but until the 30th of the Month Pilot has them at $49.95 (close enuff).

DH bought one in Louisiana and his co-driver bought one in Texas, and I called my local Pilot in GA and they have them on sale too, so I guess it's a nationwide thing with pilot (except Oregon).

Anyway thought someone might be able to benefit from this since Pilot isn't advertising it in their flier.
I posted this on a Blog last week and nobody seemed interested so I'll reply here ... this is a fine deal for newbie's and e cig starters. Sunnyday
Recent observation. :confused:
NJOY starter kits sold at Pilot Auto Centers are now selling for $49.99 + tax in central New York. Cartridges, box of 10, $21.99 + tax are same price as previous. In June I bought one for $74.99 + tax. I wonder ... If you've purchased the same DSE 103 Model with the newer atomizers (new & improved -?) you'll find the NJOY (as well as Smoking Everywhere) carts DON'T fit. The NJOY, older style attys are smaller and when forced on the newer 103's will split OR fit so tight you can't pull them off.
Do you think the NPRO company is trying to liquidate their inventory so they can upgrade to the new "industry standard" on 103's? Anybody have thoughts on this?

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
I posted this on a Blog last week and nobody seemed interested so I'll reply here ... this is a fine deal for newbie's and e cig starters. Sunnyday
Recent observation. :confused:
NJOY starter kits sold at Pilot Auto Centers are now selling for $49.99 + tax in central New York. Cartridges, box of 10, $21.99 + tax are same price as previous. In June I bought one for $74.99 + tax. I wonder ... If you've purchased the same DSE 103 Model with the newer atomizers (new & improved -?) you'll find the NJOY (as well as Smoking Everywhere) carts DON'T fit. The NJOY, older style attys are smaller and when forced on the newer 103's will split OR fit so tight you can't pull them off.
Do you think the NPRO company is trying to liquidate their inventory so they can upgrade to the new "industry standard" on 103's? Anybody have thoughts on this?
I would say no, the NJoy is a 4081. It is a fine atty that works at least as well as any other on the market. I have had other 4081's that were not as good without the date stamp on the center pole. I beleive that the others are knockoffs. 4081 and 103 carts will not interchange. 49.00 is a good deal for an atty with a full year warranty included with the kit, you just won't find one cheaper. They have the best filler material in their carts that never wears out or gets burned, I have been using the same cart for two months and it still holds 5-7 drops on each refill. Even with the small cart it vapes as long as my 501's between fills and the 501's wear out after a dozen or so fills. I have mine on a boxmod so I can use it all day without charging the batts, IMHO the biggest drawback to the NPro.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
I haven't tried the 103 attys, but I have some 103 batteries on my 4081. They seem to work & last a lot better, IMO. I built a box mod too, and used the 4081 attys for it. You just can't seem to kill them.

49 bucks isn't a bad price for retail. It's a bit more than getting it online, but the plus side is, there's no waiting.

jimindenver

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Denver Co
You are not kidding Jim, my first atty is still going strong after 3 weeks of abuse. I mean real abuse too.

I now know I was trying to get too much out of the Carts in the beginning and ended up dry smoking it more than a few times.

Then I got a bottle of juice and found dripping. After being dry and hot for a week, I think it must have wanted scuba gear for the next week as I flooded it often getting my dripping down to a science. My first cart refills were way too full too.

Over the weekend I was testing a lot of new juice flavors and I opened my second atty so I could have a menthol only atty. Somehow they got mixed up and now I couldn't tell you which was the new atty or the 3 week old abused atty.

I got both of my kits locally as I was too eager to wait. The first from Smoker friendly, the second after I heard of the sale at pilot.
The great thing is that if one of the kits break, I can take it back for a exchange. Well for a while atleast. After that, there is the year warranty from Njoy.

I was really into getting a PT when I started but now that I have 4 batteries rotating between two chargers, it just isn't a issue anymore.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009

IANAN

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Those prices are still way to high for that kind of model.

Its not that bad of a price....

The kit Pilot is selling has 2 bats (Wholesale price would be 9 each- so 18.00)
1 Atomizer (Wholesale Price would be 5.50)
1 Charger and cord (Wholesale 11.00)
and 5 Prefilled Carts (- About 8 dollars worth)

Wholesale before shipping is $42... now add in the 12 for shipping and it is $54- so the Pilot deal is cheaper.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Alright, for those who have read the thread 'Disgruntled' under 'OUTSIDE', you know about the shipping issues. Well...they still have not sent it out.
So, I called em up, cancelled the order and will be getting a refund.

Anyway, Thanks to a fellow forum member, gep, I found out about a place that sells ecigs locally. I picked up what they had. Which happened to be the Njoy Npro. Well, I've had it for about 2 hours and I'm not having any problems. Plenty of vapor. I'm all set! And I'm now officially an ecig user! Glad to be aboard!:D:D:D

The Njoy Npro. I don't know why it gets such a bad rap. I think it might have alot to do with the Customer Service more than anything else.

I just got the Njoy Npro starter Kit at my Local "PILOT" this evening & absolutely LOVE it! Compared to the Smoke51.com Start up Kit that I got it VAPES like crazy! I don't know, maybe the smoke51 Trio starter Kit that I received had a dud atty or something, but I couldn't get it to vape even right out of the box! (Fortunately for me I was able to CANCEL as I was still within my ten day trial) so I only had to pay $9.99 for the shipping... essentially that's the only GOOD thing about the Smoke51 experience was that it didn't cost me much. :thumbs:
If it weren't for this Forum however, I probably would have 'assumed' that the Smoke51 vaping experience was the norm in e-cigs and chucked them altogether.... causing me to 'miss out' on a truly phenomenal NON-SMOKING experience... :)
Has anyone else had this type of experience with the Smoke51.com e-cigs?.. or do you think I just got a 'dud' starter kit? :rolleyes:

Rsunset327

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Montana
I mistakenly broke a "cold" atomizer not realizing it was actually a wet battery and a faulty battery causing the problems. I e-mailed NJOY even though I bought my kit at a local smokeshop. It took just 3 days to get a replacement atty. To my excitement, they sent me THREE of them!!

I don't know what people complain about, that's customer service above and beyond my expectations.

This is my review of NPro made by NJoy (njoy.com)

I have been using the product regularly for a couple weeks, and the product is a joke! It barely curbs my nicotine cravings, and I hardly get any vapor. I might as well be sucking on an unlit cigarette.

I ordered new cartridges to see if that would help anything, and...nope.

To top it off, the company does NOT offer refunds. So now I'm stuck with a worthless $100 device :mad:

I was suckered by their hyped up advertising before finding out about other products like the eGo, XHaler, and the Protege V2, which (at least in the videos I saw) put out plumes upon plumes of vapor. And most of the people I saw in videos using the above products would cough and say the product they were using gives a decent throat hit. But I'll have to wait to try one of those, because I spent my money on the piece of bs NPro.

I hope this post reaches the eyes of someone thinking about buying the NPro BEFORE they buy.

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
This is my review of NPro made by NJoy (njoy.com)

I have been using the product regularly for a couple weeks, and the product is a joke! It barely curbs my nicotine cravings, and I hardly get any vapor. I might as well be sucking on an unlit cigarette.

I ordered new cartridges to see if that would help anything, and...nope.

To top it off, the company does NOT offer refunds. So now I'm stuck with a worthless $100 device :mad:

I was suckered by their hyped up advertising before finding out about other products like the eGo, XHaler, and the Protege V2, which (at least in the videos I saw) put out plumes upon plumes of vapor. And most of the people I saw in videos using the above products would cough and say the product they were using gives a decent throat hit. But I'll have to wait to try one of those, because I spent my money on the piece of bs NPro.

I hope this post reaches the eyes of someone thinking about buying the NPro BEFORE they buy.
That is not normal. You should really call and speak with a rep about sending you another atty, which does have a year warranty. They will most likely send two and ask that you send the defective one back. This happens with all types and manufacturers.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Right Shadowdr, this is not normal.

I've been using the 4081 (Npro / SE Gold) for almost a year now, and I'll put it up against any 3.7v PV for throat hit & vapor production.

A lot of people just start puffing, and don't realize that factory cartridges are not the way to go. With the right juice mixture, and technique, the 4081 will keep up with the best of them.

jd

dk2

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
cheers
my new npro is wicked produces excellent vapor, first thing noobs need to do is forget about using the pre filled carts as they suck. Take your pre filled cart apart remove the filler and glue gunk at the bottem of the filler cart, replace filler with lipton pyramid teabag top up with ejuice and vape away. Oh and grab some dbl sized carts if you can find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread