NJoy or Kissbox Classic - The final countdown

Which do you prefer? Janty Kissbox Classic or NJoy?

• Janty Kissbox Classic

• NJoy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantShift

Aug 13, 2008
USA
Argh, I thought I finally decided on my first e-cigarette but then I saw the video titled "Janty KISS njoy comparison" on youtube right now(it should be the only result if you search for that, I can't link sites yet).

It shows more vapor from the njoy and he generally likes it better.

Now I know one video on youtube shouldn't decide your judgement on there device but it has me in a predicament. I can pay $130 to get the Janty and it may not blow a lot of vapor(which I think I need to reasure myself I'm still "smoking") or I can pay $100 to njoy(with the 20%) and presumebly get the same thing.

I don't mind paying that extra $30 because I was assuming Janty's were better. And NJoy's carts are way overpriced(although someone here recommended puresmokers for that which looks to be great).

So have any of you had both? Did the NJoy work better?

Ive heard a lot of praise here for Janty so let's see :)

For what it's worth I went for the NJOY mainly because of the raves about customer service and the year long warranty. Which was a good thing seeing as my atomizer needs replacement after the first week. One call to NJOY and it's on its way for free. They are even including a self addressed stamped envelope for me to return the dead one. Tough to beat.
I am, however, picking up extra batteries & atomizers from puresmoker.com ~ had I known about that site then I probably would have ordered my first e cig from there. I've already given that site to a few of my co workers who are interested in trying e cigs.

GiantShift

Aug 13, 2008
USA
For what it's worth I went for the NJOY mainly because of the raves about customer service and the year long warranty. Which was a good thing seeing as my atomizer needs replacement after the first week. One call to NJOY and it's on its way for free. They are even including a self addressed stamped envelope for me to return the dead one. Tough to beat.
I am, however, picking up extra batteries & atomizers from puresmoker.com ~ had I known about that site then I probably would have ordered my first e cig from there. I've already given that site to a few of my co workers who are interested in trying e cigs.

The free shipping back to them is how I imagine this industry should be, but I guess it takes time. +1 to NJoy for that :)

Anyone else have experience with both and want to chime in?

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
I have tried the njoy, after 2 atomizers not working, they did replace them, I decided to sent them back and get a refund.

Then I ordered the KISS classic and never looked back.

Yes there has been some problems, but Jeff has replaced the broken parts, in record time.
I see you live in America, so no problem there.

So you ask my opinion, go for the kiss, hands down.
I have not smoked a real cigarette for almost 4 weeks now, and have no desire what so ever.

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
Well, I have 3 NJoys and 1 Meltrex (my latest acquisition) pen styles – can’t tell any significant difference yet.

My NJoy’s atomizers breakdown regularly and occasionally their batteries. I can’t imagine anyone giving better customer service than NJoy – the immediate replacements with self-addressed prepaid envelopes is absolutely astounding.

I also have been using Janty’s atomizers. I can’t speak to their breakdown frequency just yet but so far my 1st Janty atomizer hasn’t broken down. It feels solid, has 4 air holes and is compatible with my classic pen styles.

I had a Janty Kissbox Classic starter kit however it almost burnt up within the first 24 hrs and had the potential of causing a house fire. In addition, although I only had the use of the Janty Kissbox for 24 hrs I decided I didn’t like the switches as an additional component to puffing on an ecig and figured the USB was an unnecessary and possibly dangerous feature. I ordered 3 extra Janty atomizers and some of their cartridges as backups for use with my 4 pen styles. It’s best to use Janty’s cartridges with a Janty atomizer and the fillings are not good for reuse because of the glue-like component. Although, one can refill Janty’s cartridges with eliquid without a problem.

I want to order several pen styles as Xmas gifts and feel I need to give 2 starter kits to each of my giftees (?) less they get turned off by the likelihood that some component will breakdown too soon. I will be looking for the cheapest (I think) come Xmas time. I like to purchase quality items so I may change my mind and just order the NJoys come Xmas time.

Now that’s my whole life history with esmoking. But check in for updates sometime in the future.

PS I hate long posts but I made an exception here for the record.

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
All I can say now, order both,and make the comparison.

You can sent the njoy back within a month and get a refund, all except postage.

And I think the same goes for the kiss, but it has to be returned in 7 days.

Just because they sent you a prepaid envelope, that would not be a breaking point.

I have never been asked by janty to return the broken part, I sent an email and they sent a replacement.

I have sent back some things, but did that without them asking me.

RatInDaHat

Peace, I'm outta here
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
For what it is worth, i'd go Janty. After having three bad atomizers in a row from Njoy i gave up on them.

So far the jantys have been working well for me, but i would go classic if i bought one.

I would actually recommend a different starter product all together. If you want to know, just ask.

-Dusty-

BigBuxNoWhammy

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
Canada.
Janty Kissbox classic and njoy are the only cig's I've bought. They both work well, and produce almost the same amount of vapor. I wouldnt be able to tell you which one produces more because they are almost identical to me. I would say that using the manual switch on the Janty CAN produce more vapor than the njoy, if you hold it down for longer, but I take small puffs. If I were to take a bigger sized puff on both, the janty would produce more. But for my normal puffs they're almost the same.

BigBuxNoWhammy

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
Canada.
The free shipping back to them is how I imagine this industry should be, but I guess it takes time. +1 to NJoy for that :)

Anyone else have experience with both and want to chime in?

I have needed a few replacements already from njoy, and Mark has never asked me to send anything back to him. I kept them incase but he never asked me for them.

kaesecake

Aug 6, 2008
For what it is worth, i'd go Janty. After having three bad atomizers in a row from Njoy i gave up on them.

So far the jantys have been working well for me, but i would go classic if i bought one.

I would actually recommend a different starter product all together. If you want to know, just ask.

-Dusty-

Would that starter product be the dse901? Just wondering, b/c I got mine today and after only having used the health cig, I'm like "oh...now I get it"

Sorry, maybe I have no right to throw in my two cents (with my newness), but isn't another plus for NJoy that their product interchanges with generic pen styles,while Janty does not...?

Hmmmm, I don't know lukewells, the KissBox Atomizer fits the batteries of Crown7, E-Puffer and I suspect quite a few others and the cartridges seem to be identical to most also.

I think that most of the penstyle parts are interchangeable with each other across the board.

From what I have read, and seen for myself, is that the main difference with the KB, from the others, is the patented 4 hole atomizer, and separate switch/battery designs.

Although I've not been able to compare all the different penstyles out there, I have been able to closely look at a few and compare them to my KissBox.
The overall look and feel of KB seems to be more compact and have a less clunky/chunky?, (for lack of a better word), feel to them.

Others I work with, have different brands, and we have inspected them together and tried each others.(this is how I know that the cartridges and batteries are interchangeable)

They all want the KissBox now.

The ease of draw, amount of smoke and innovative options put it a notch above the others and, I believe, is well worth the few extra $'s.
For me, It's the DSE901 of penstyles.......(I've got one of those also)......just with an easier draw, and larger, longer lasting capacity.

I think that leaford, or RatInDaHat could probably give a better comparison as it would appear that they both own just about every one of these things ever made!

Now, if the industry could just come up with the technology to address the general reliability of e-cigarettes as a whole......well,....LOL.....that's another topic altogether!:D

lukewells

Aug 13, 2008
www.arcadeuk.com
It's the DSE901 of penstyles.......(I've got one of those also)......just with an easier draw, and larger, longer lasting capacity.

Glad so hear that I've just orderd a couple of DSE901, hopefully arriving Tuesday. :)

Now, if the industry could just come up with the technology to address the general reliability of e-cigarettes as a whole......well,....LOL.....that's another topic altogether!:D

I'm not so sure if there is away to address the problem, from what I have read, the atomiser is the biggest problem, and I can see why. The technology is similar to that of fog machines, and what do the instruction manuals tell you with those? Don't let them run dry! ..... which is unavoidable with e-cigs, you don't notice the cartridge is running out until the smoke decreases or you get a burning taste..... either way some running dry has occurred and these atomisers are going to burn up.

Maybe a new way could be explored using a piezo electric vibration plate as an atomiser, submerged in an e.liquid capsule, with a light pressure sensitive membrane that releases the vapour only and not the liquid. That would certainly be able to be made more reliable.

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
Hi Luke

I only smoke carts about halfway and then change them. Means I spend more time squeezing out the half-empty carts but I've always got plenty of melange liquid...

I do the same thing.
In the evening I have 2 or 3 carts, and I squeeze the left over juice in a bottle, that's enough to last me for a day or two.
I use that all day long to top off the cart, and do the same thing 2 days later....

lukewells

Aug 13, 2008
www.arcadeuk.com
Lukewells: Go look at at the original patents by Ruyan. Your description is close to what these are supposed to be -- but price got in the way.

Damn, thought I had come up with an original idea then lol

Well, if the e.cig peeps have already thought of this, then maybe they should re-visit. OK I understand that price may be a barrier here, but surely the heavy e.smokers would be happy to pay a premium for a product with long term reliability.

How do the e.cig makers get away with the minimum of 24month warranty on products sold in Europe? EU Directive 1999/44/EC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread