No long term studies

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul0001

Oct 30, 2014
Australia
Does anybody know if there has been studies done on the medium to long term effects of nicotine cessation in relation to a persons body becoming accustomed to and relying upon nicotine, perhaps for many decades, and then having this stopped. Point of reference, a dear relative of mine was on a whole bunch of different prescribed tablets for a long time. Her doctor retired and a younger fellow took over, decided that these medications weren't necessary and stopped them. Unfortunately this (subjectively) resulted in her passing away a short time later.
I am curious because I am sure that if nicotine cessation did have after effects (Alzheimers for instance) I am sure the information would be hidden away in that special hidey hole by the anti smoking brigade etc. especially if it did not become apparent for some years.

I can't see this being true in any way. Have you ever heard of quitting smoking causing somebody harm, other then the immediate discomfort? Nicotine has been proven to be on about the same level as caffeine as a drug, it is in no way as strong as the pharmaceuticals that doctors prescribe.

I doubt there have been studies on this exact topic, (could be wrong), but I would be shocked if one did prove it to be harmful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread