Status
Not open for further replies.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Why is there no thread on this one yet?
A top airflow (done right!) tank with RBA and factory coils, and configurable in lots of sizes, 2ml, 4ml and beyond (with the optional extender)!

specs:
diameter: 25mm
height: 47.5mm (4ml version) or 40mm (2ml version) (w/o driptip/510)
content: 2ml or 4ml volume (depending on which version you buy)
dual coil rba
factory coils (316L, 0.15ohm, quad coil)
optional: 2ml extension kits, which it appears you can stack to go crazy tall

I just received mine and used the RBA in it. And I like it!
I prefer it over the OBS engine, mostly because it gives me better flavour and a smoother vape. It just vapes more the way I like.

For some there are a few cons compared to the OBS though:
- smaller build deck, but I don't mind as I don't use crazy coils, I mostly go with micro coils, right now I have 2*1,8ohm 28agw 3mm coils in it for a 0.9ohm vape at 19w, very nice!
- taller tank with a little less volume

Another thing I think is a shame: no single coil plug...but that was known before purchase.

Pro's:
- the topair done right...no more leaking, and decent airflow (perfect airflow for me (restricted lung hit), but some would like more, so maybe conn/pro, but for me a pro)
- flexible: RBA and factory coils (haven't tried them yet)
- flexible: with the extender you can make this tank a big as you want, I also have the 2 ml variant comming in, so now I can make 2ml, 4ml or 6ml tanks, and if I buy more extenders, I could even go beyond that.....but it will make for a tall tank :)
- flavor and vape style: good flavor and a "tigth lung hit" vape, perfect for me! Not quite on the level of the Supreme (my favorite), but getting close

Here it is (in the middle) next to the OBS engine and the Supreme V2:

Reactions: vexx

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
As far as I'm concerned, I'd use a topairflow-tank mostly outside when I'm on the go, because of its leakproofness. And for that purpose the Engine has three major advantages over the Athlon:
A lower profile, bigger capacity and its sidefillport.

I agree with your first two points, but the side fill: I hate it, topfill is better imo, less messy.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I love the engine as well, but have been looking for a top to bottom airflow tank and this one looks like it does that well. I use simple round wire builds so I'm not concerned about deck size so much. Frankly I'm surprised at the relative lack of these top airflow tanks. I know it's all in the wicking, but I'm pretty good at making any tank leak. That's what I love most about the engine. Got one of these inbound and will hopefully be able to report back in around a week.

Reactions: drugarth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread