No seriously, where's the Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickmurphy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
san francisco
A couple, three weeks ago or so I posted a thread asking about my beloved "Platinum" colored batteries which have disappeared from the ranks. The thread turned into a very fun advisory on the colors that should appear in the future (turquoise, hot pink, oiled bronze... all metallic, of course). But I never got a definitive answer about if the Platinum is coming back. Not gun metal platinum, which is nice, but it's not the same.

So is Platinum just out of stock at this time, or really.... gone, gone?

Last edited:

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
justacatholicgirl.wordpress.com
Thank you, chimchim, I may finally have to take the plunge into manual territory.

IMO, the gunmetal is pretty, and I have two of them and I like them. The difference is that they're shiny. Not Chrome shiny, but shiny. The platinum was a muted, silvery beautiful thing, that went with everything.

I like the manuals. Not as much as autos but I do like them. GET SEVERAL!!! :)

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
I did get a platinum extra long from the bargain bin, but the shorty was my all time favorite.

I have a platinum shorty auto with green led which has had hardly any use, and a platinum shorty manual with blue led that only arrived yesterday. Both are bargain bin buys.
I can't see myself using either, so if you are interested, pm me. Only catch is that I'm in Australia... but am happy to send to you.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Thank you, chimchim, I may finally have to take the plunge into manual territory.

IMO, the gunmetal is pretty, and I have two of them and I like them. The difference is that they're shiny. Not Chrome shiny, but shiny. The platinum was a muted, silvery beautiful thing, that went with everything.

I feel your pain, Patrick. To some of us (myself included), the aesthetics of an item are as important as the functionality. And SHADES DO MATTER!!:laugh::laugh: (As do finshes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread