NO Smilies, Add Images Options At Top Of New Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen171

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
north Texas
I have been clicking on the options to add photos, smilies, etc. But now when I want to post there are no options at the top to click on add images, smilie selection, etc. I have checked my settings and they are set to allow these. I had the same problem before but the options came back. Now the problem is back again. What am I doing wrong? Couldn't find a similar problem in the how to posts. TIA

Karen171

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
north Texas
are you using the enhanced editor?
Settings>General Settings scroll down to Miscellaneous settings

I am using standard editor...is that ok? The funny thing is I downloaded an update for Firefox and now it's working again. Do you think that has something to do with it?

Thanks for your help. :)

Karen171

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
north Texas
Thank you forum Gods!!! I have not been able to post anything, anywhere!!! YEAH!!!!:) How do I add a picture to my profile????

The way I did it: Click on settings(upper right hand corner of the main forum), Look to your left at the side panel where it says, edit profile picture or edit avatar, click on that and scroll down to browse, upload a photo from your pc, don't forget to click on save.

Hope this helps.

Btw, WELCOME :)

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Thank you forum Gods!!! I have not been able to post anything, anywhere!!! YEAH!!!!:) How do I add a picture to my profile????

you need at least 5 posts in the new members forum before you can post in other threads - apparently you can also post here.
another 4 posts and you're good to go. 14 more posts for a signature .......

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
you need at least 5 posts in the new members forum before you can post in other threads - apparently you can also post here.
another 4 posts and you're good to go. 14 more posts for a signature .......

As part of the forum's anti-spam measures, new members are initially restricted to where and how they can post. This system is based off of your post count, and consists of three stages. Please note that it can take up to an hour for the forum software to update your account between each stage.

0 to 5 posts:
Members are restricted to posting in the New Members Forum only, can not use Private Messaging, and can not have a signature.

5 to 15 posts:
Members can post in other forums and use Private Messaging.

15 posts and above:
Members can post in all forums, and can now have a signature.

70 posts and above:
Members can no longer start new threads in the New Members Forum, but may post in threads started by others.

Please be aware that "spamming" useless posts for the sole purpose of raising your post count is not allowed, and may result in your posts being deleted.

This is more detailed of what Tib mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread