Travel and Vaping No Vaping on a plane!!!!????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am flying into Leipzig via Frankfurt on June 22nd, and will be temporarily based in Leipzig 6/22-7/09 working back and forth to the Mid East and Asia.

I believe MUC is about 400km or so from LEJ. I have taken the train on occasion to MUC when I had a few days off over there, so anythings a possibility!

Keep me posted when it gets closer, and I'll do what I can. US vapers unite in the EU! How awesome would that be??? :toast:
RIA

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
I am flying into Leipzig via Frankfurt on June 22nd, and will be temporarily based in Leipzig 6/22-7/09 working back and forth to the Mid East and Asia.

I believe MUC is about 400km or so from LEJ. I have taken the train on occasion to MUC when I had a few days off over there, so anythings a possibility!

Keep me posted when it gets closer, and I'll do what I can. US vapers unite in the EU! How awesome would that be??? :toast:
RIA

OK, will let you know, I think I'm in Munich the 5th-7th at the Hilton Munich Park. I'll PM you the details about a week out.

Reign

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2008
Maryland
If you are going to do it, you are better off doing it in your seat. All smoke detectors can be activated by the vapor. The lowest chance of it happening is with an air-sampling device, but it can still cause a false positive and activate. The Photoelectric and Ionization devices are much easier to set off with vapor. Being a former Air force firefighter, I also know that most planes use Photoelectric and Ionization devices which are very easy to set off.

As a career *Censored*, I wish I had a dime for everytime we have been dispatched to a hotel, baracks, or apartment building because someone was taking a shower and the steam/humidity hit the detector outside in the hallway, or someone sprayed airfreshener and set the system off.

Ive taken these 3 types at work and tested them with my Prodigy and set each one off. So I tend to vape right in my seat, hold the vapor in and let out as little visible vapor as possible with the air vent blowing on me. Havent had a problem on any flight yet.

Last edited:

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
If you are going to do it, you are better off doing it in your seat. All smoke detectors can be activated by the vapor. The lowest chance of it happening is with an air-sampling device, but it can still cause a false positive and activate. The Photoelectric and Ionization devices are much easier to set off with vapor. Being a former Air force firefighter, I also know that most planes use Photoelectric and Ionization devices which are very easy to set off.

As a career *Censored*, I wish I had a dime for everytime we have been dispatched to a hotel, baracks, or apartment building because someone was taking a shower and the steam/humidity hit the detector outside in the hallway, or someone sprayed airfreshener and set the system off.

Ive taken these 3 types at work and tested them with my Prodigy and set each one off. So I tend to vape right in my seat, hold the vapor in and let out as little visible vapor as possible with the air vent blowing on me. Havent had a problem on any flight yet.

Reign, you are correct about the smoke detectors. However unless you blow your vape close by the detector it won't do anything. I've tried a few time and if you blow towards the floor sink level it all dissipates.
Of course I am mostly a in the seat vaper!:toast:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reign

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2008
Maryland
Reign, you are correct about the smoke detectors. However unless you blow your vape close by the detector it won't do anything. I've tried a few time and if you blow towards the floor sink level it all dissipates.
Of course I am mostly a in the seat vaper!:toast:

Yep, as long as the vapor dissipates. I would be willing to bet someone would hiccup while doing it in the bathroom and shoot a mouthful of vapor up in the air. No reason to take unnecessary chances in my opinion when there are other options with extremely low risk.

Im with you bro...Vaping in your seat also means you don't have to get up every 5-10 mins. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread