Noisy Cricket II - 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I finally broke down and bought one and so far loving it. I was just curious how many out there have one, love it or hate it, it's definitely not a for everyone mod. There are somethings I wish were different but not horribly so, especially at the price point.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I’ve been considering one for a while, and finally got around to getting one during a Christmas sale since it was only $25 and change. Been running it in unregulated series mode and have been pleased with the performance. Love the form factor – very compact and comfortable. Biggest dislikes so far has been the battery door and 510. The door is fussy to get seated properly (although it is getting better with use); the 510 does not have enough travel for some attys to sit flush. But considering the price and performance, neither are dealbreakers.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I’ve been considering one for a while, and finally got around to getting one during a Christmas sale since it was only $25 and change. Been running it in unregulated series mode and have been pleased with the performance. Love the form factor – very compact and comfortable. Biggest dislikes so far has been the battery door and 510. The door is fussy to get seated properly (although it is getting better with use); the 510 does not have enough travel for some attys to sit flush. But considering the price and performance, neither are dealbreakers.

The door really takes some getting used for sure. For attys, I've only ran my Twisted Messes on it and it will not sit flush, has about a 1/16" gap. However, it has more of a gap on my SMOK mod, the TM has a long pin for hybrid use and since I love the SMPL, I'm not gonna fuss, lol.

My favorite part is the lack of a screen. It's great not having a screen lighting up at night bugging me and/or sucking power. Then also not having to worry about a display dying, especially if I drop it. I bought since I found it so cheap as well and thought why not, have been surprised at how much I really do like it. Has me wanting a Tesla invader 3 now I think.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
The door really takes some getting used for sure. For attys, I've only ran my Twisted Messes on it and it will not sit flush, has about a 1/16" gap. However, it has more of a gap on my SMOK mod, the TM has a long pin for hybrid use and since I love the SMPL, I'm not gonna fuss, lol.

My favorite part is the lack of a screen. It's great not having a screen lighting up at night bugging me and/or sucking power. Then also not having to worry about a display dying, especially if I drop it. I bought since I found it so cheap as well and thought why not, have been surprised at how much I really do like it. Has me wanting a Tesla invader 3 now I think.
I agree about the screen. However, I would have liked if they put the indicator LED below the fire button rather than behind it – it can be hard to see in bright light. In terms of attys, the Druga sits nearly flush as does the Wismec Neutron. I use the Neutron the most with this since the neutral post makes it easy to get a build that works great in series unreg mode.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
reliable? there's not much to go wrong compared to most.
the battery door/slider was quite stiff for the first few changes but has eased up. had no issues with tanks/RDAs etc not sitting flush on the 510. here it is with a dead rabbit on top (what a strange food chain...)
looks a bit gold for some reason but both are silver

Reactions: stols001

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Mines had a three very hard drops from waist height on concrete and apart from some small nicks it's working fine. Though it very occasionally goes dead, but a re-seat of the battery cap resolves this every time. The lesson being don't drop your mod.
The simplicity solidness and cheapness are the factors I like about it, I dial in a sweet spot and that's it no fiddling about.
I would like it if the internals were user accessible, but it appears to be a sealed unit.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Looks like Wismec is updating the Noisy Cricket II with the Luxotic NC. I'm not a fan of the looks (really don't care much for resin) but the specs are very appealing: dual 18650/20700 and can switch from parallel to serial by flipping a switch on the top rather than have to flip over the plate. The battery door also looks to be a much better design than the NC.

Been seeing prices for pre-orders on China sites for the mod only at around $46; full kit is about $66. Full kit has the Guillotine atty.

Unboxing video:

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Looks like Wismec is updating the Noisy Cricket II with the Luxotic NC. I'm not a fan of the looks (really don't care much for resin) but the specs are very appealing: dual 18650/20700 and can switch from parallel to serial by flipping a switch on the top rather than have to flip over the plate. The battery door also looks to be a much better design than the NC.

Been seeing prices for pre-orders on China sites for the mod only at around $46; full kit is about $66. Full kit has the Guillotine atty.

Unboxing video:

pre-ordered. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread