Non stainless steel wire in temp mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilcon666

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2014
Visalia CA
So I got some pre-built coils from a friend. It's like an alien coil I think but I have no idea if it's stainless steel are not I'm using a mod that has temperature control and wondering if I try to run these coils in temperature mode but would happen.

Also is there any real easy way to tell if the coils are stainless steel or not

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Thevapebro

Jan 26, 2017
New York
Depending on the device you are using it could auto sense the coil or like most just kick you out of tc mode if it's a non compatible wire. If you have been building for a long time you can tell the type of wire when you pulse them. Stainless steel tends to be very bright when you pulse and has a very cool looking blue color much like nichrome when it cools down. Alternatively you can also tell if the ohms raise when you take a hit and drop as it cools down. All in all worst case scenario if it is ss and your tc won't read it as such you can always vape it in wattage mode with no issues. Now if it was titanium or nickel don't ever use them in wattage mode or your going to have a bad time mmkay.

Thevapebro

Jan 26, 2017
New York
Not that I have noticed

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Hmm well maybe one of the more seasoned veterans here would have some additional info to add. All the info I have provided is based on my personal experience but I would say if it works good go with it and enjoy my brotha

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread