Status
Not open for further replies.

snails1023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2010
Chicago
Hi All,
I have been vaping for only a month and only on cartomizers. I am going to order a vgo and what to experiment with dripping and attys.
First- Do I need to do anything to the new atty before vaping?
Second- I plan on order a drip tip but how exactly do you drip? What does the drip tip do? I am assuming if you put your pv down , the juice will run out of it?

Am I even close to understanding the process or am I on another planet of misunderstanding??

Need some explainations please:facepalm:

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Hi All,

You need to remove the primer coating inside. Some people just blow it out; I give them a 10-minute bath in 91% isopropyl alcohol and let them dry overnight. If you're in a hurry, you could use a blow-dryer.

Second- I plan on order a drip tip but how exactly do you drip? What does the drip tip do? I am assuming if you put your pv down , the juice will run out of it?

Drop 5 or 6 drops into the new, clean atty. Give them a couple of minutes to permeate and settle. Give it another 2 drops or so, and you're good to go. I wouldn't worry about leakage unless you're standing the PV on its head.

Am I even close to understanding the process or am I on another planet of misunderstanding??

Yes, you're close. No, other planets don't have internet access.

Last edited:

newplague

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2010
Oregon
First thing to do with a new atty is blow it out. There is some primer fluid in it that tastes nasty. A drip tip allows you to drip juice directly on the atty without taking the cart off. After you blow out the primer fluid, put 3-4 drops of juice on the atty and start puffin away. As long as you aren't setting your pv upside down the juice won't run out. Good luck to ya!

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Snails...
I've been dripping with an eGo for months, and now, I have an Ali'i, which is a bottom feed device, but I drip on that as well at times.

What dripping is, basically, you get rid of the cart completely, so you have your atty on the device, and you drip STRAIGHT ONTO the atty!

Now, you need something to put your lips on... otherwise you'd probably burn your lips, your tongue or both, putting your lips straight onto an atty. So... you'll need a drip tip!

If you check out SuperT Manufacturing, they have a stainless steel widemouth drip tip that is sweeet!

With many drip tips, if you try dripping with the drip tip on the device (drip three drops through the drip tip, directly onto/into the atty), sometimes the juice doesn't flow down. So, when you go to take your first drag, you'll find you're getting a bunch of juice in your mouth.

NOT FUN.

With the stainless steel drip tips, I find that I NEVER get juice in my mouth! It flows down into the atty, as it can't get a grip on the stainless steel as well as it can on plastic.

Also, with the SuperT widemouth, it's easier to drip because the opening is wide... hence, the name "wide mouth"...

these ARE a little pricey... I think they're about $16-17 but in my opinion, they're worth it! Lifetime guarantee, and if you find you're using them, they can't be beat.

You can find other drip tips in the $5-6 range.

By the way, you'll get much better flavor and a warmer vap by dripping. I get about 5, 6 vaps before I start to get a bitter taste, and need to drip another 3 drops.

Good luck!

Hi All,
I have been vaping for only a month and only on cartomizers. I am going to order a vgo and what to experiment with dripping and attys.

ook

Nov 6, 2010
uk
Hi All,

The juice will run if u leave it (u need to vape as soon as u drip) put a few drips when your finished to keep it moist

and your good to go for atleast a month

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
If you check out SuperT Manufacturing, they have a stainless steel widemouth drip tip that is sweeet!...Also, with the SuperT widemouth, it's easier to drip because the opening is wide...hence, the name "wide mouth"...these ARE a little pricey... I think they're about $16-17 but in my opinion, they're worth it! Lifetime guarantee, and if you find you're using them, they can't be beat.

+1 on the Super T-Tips: Super T Manufacturing, Innovative manufacturer of electronic cigarette products.

Keep in mind you'll only have to buy the thing once; it'll last pretty much forever, and it's the Rolls Royce of drip tips.

ook

Nov 6, 2010
uk

EricB

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
South Florida
I recommend getting a stainless steel drip tip that has a curvature to it. It just makes it easier to pull off when you need to. Stainless steel drip trips lock in real tight. For a young person the straights are fine but if you have clients like me who are elderly & also may have arthritis then I recommend curvatures to them if they want to experiment with dripping at home and save their carts with filler for when out & about.

If you want to try it before you order drip tips, the atomizer should come with a thing on it that is just like a cartridge but with no filler in it. You can take that off the atomizer, clean atomizer by method of choice, attach atomizer to charged battery, drip on atomizer, replace empty cartridge cap, and vape.

Not as convenient as a drip tip since you have to remove the cap every time you want to top off, but it should give you an idea of whether you like vaping that way.

Edit since I just saw last question: the ones I have just push in to the atomizer.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
They're inserted into the open end of the atty, and have O-ring seals. The cheap ones are often a bad--very tight--fit. The worst thing, however, is that the openings are often undersize, and the juice gets trapped in the opening. Then it winds up in your mouth. Trust me: unatomized juice is nasty stuff.

You change your avatar with amazing frequency for a newbie. Whiskey has some competition.

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I wanted to try dripping without investing in more equipment, been trying to cut down
on my ordering at least for a little while..... So I debridged a 510 atty for my eGo, fom
instructions in video on ECF (can't remember where, sorry). I can now see the coil, and
drip 3 -4 drops on it, and use the tip (empty, no filler) that comes on a new atty.
Have to pull it off each time I need to drip, but for a trial run, it works, it's free, and
I don't burn my lips. And I've only dripped at home, where I fiddle with it at my leisure.

snails1023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2010
Chicago
They're inserted into the open end of the atty, and have O-ring seals. The cheap ones are often a bad--very tight--fit. The worst thing, however, is that the openings are often undersize, and the juice gets trapped in the opening. Then it winds up in your mouth. Trust me: unatomized juice is nasty stuff.

You change your avatar with amazing frequency for a newbie. Whiskey has some competition.

LOL, well I wasn't quite sure which avatar I liked better. I may be computer savvy but vape noobie. LOL

snails1023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2010
Chicago
I wanted to try dripping without investing in more equipment, been trying to cut down
on my ordering at least for a little while..... So I debridged a 510 atty for my eGo, fom
instructions in video on ECF (can't remember where, sorry). I can now see the coil, and
drip 3 -4 drops on it, and use the tip (empty, no filler) that comes on a new atty.
Have to pull it off each time I need to drip, but for a trial run, it works, it's free, and
I don't burn my lips. And I've only dripped at home, where I fiddle with it at my leisure.

I like that idea of trying it first. But I just checked out those super T's they are sweet looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread