Noob - I don't know what to expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2008
UK
:) Hi all, been lurking around the forums for a week now and decided to join you all.

I've read just about every post but still missing what I'm looking for, can anyone help please?

I'm in the UK and before I found this forum I ordered a generic starter pack from amazon for £28. This has now arrived and apart from a disconcerting gurgling noise, (could be embarrassing in public),I feel like I'm just sucking in air. I've charged the unit up (can't remeber the make but will check when I get home from work) and changed the cartridge but no improvement.

I desperately want this to work for me because my lungs are almost shot I think!

I will spend money on a better unit if I need too, but I guess I need to know is this the norm?

Thanks for any replies guys.

BettyRedondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2008
Bournemouth England
Smokin, hopefully you will be able to get your supermini working :) I think most people on here started with a supermini as just as I was, were drawn to something that actually looks like a real cig. At present I am using a Janty kissbox classic with a manual switch (which is fantastic) and also 901's (mini e-cigs). I have also used penstyles which are very good, but larger. I never really got on with my supermini as it had a really hard draw and used to make my face ache!!

I would recommend you either get a 901, or Penstyle which has longer lasting carts and batteries. Pillbox 38 has some 901's (going cheap on ebay at the moment) or have a look around Smokesters shop, www.e-cigs.co.uk they are both very good sellers. You will need some juice as well to top up your carts especially if you stay with the supermini. Everyone has different tastes but I think smokesters "like smoke" is really good cig tasting juice.

Good luck, and sorry forgot to say welcome to the forum :D

Smokin

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2008
UK
:thumb:Hi Betty

Thanks for your response. I've got my e-cig to work, seems to be a dud atomiser like you said it may be; thank you. It's an RN 4081 by the way and carries a Cigstar logo.

I have also taken your and BadSeeds advice and ordered a 901 from E-Bay while the price is so good and also ordered a spare atomiser, some juice and a case.

I looked at the Janty boxes but these are a little out of my price range for start-up; I think I need to know that this is going to work for me and then I'll start adding to my kits.

This is a great resource with some really helpful folk and I look forward to being an active member, thanks for the welcome and the help.

Smokin

aka Pat

BadSeed

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
Arbroath, UK
:thumb:Hi Betty
I looked at the Janty boxes but these are a little out of my price range for start-up; I think I need to know that this is going to work for me and then I'll start adding to my kits.

That's a good way to go. Start with the 901 and see how you get on with it. Start adding stuff if it works for you. It did for me and consequently I've been spending a load more on this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread