The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Noob need clearomizer help with Apollo

Discussion in 'eGo Type Models' started by Teh Dude, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Teh Dude

Teh Dude Full Member Verified Member

Aug 26, 2013
    TX
    Noob here owning a semi new Apollo ego model. Its getting time for me to get a clearomizer, need some help on what to buy. Wicked, wickless? Glass or plastic? Rebuildable? HELP!!!

Dont mind spending a few bucks more for something that will save me some cash in the long run. Totally green and looking for help

2. Susiejo

Susiejo Moved On

What kind of clearo's have you used already?
    Everybodys likes something different, I personally like the Kanger Protank (it is pyrex glass and can handle any kind of juice without being damaged) and the Kanger Evods (they're smaller than the Protank and plastic so you can't use certain juices in them). They are both bottom coils and I seem to like that better than the top coil. But if you like the top coil then I like the Ce5 type clearos, they have worked really well for me and all of the ones I have mentioned have changeable heads so you don't have to keep replacing the whole thing, just the heads, which are relatively inexpensive.
    I have not yet tried any RBA's or RDA's so I can't really give an opinion on those.

3. Teh Dude

Teh Dude Full Member Verified Member

Aug 26, 2013
    TX
    I have only used what came with the apoolo ego starter kit i think it is a ce4. it has two wick design, but taste starting to get a little different so figure it times to replace

4. amp79423

amp79423 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    Lubbock, TX, USA
    If you like a warmer vape and don't mind twisting and turning your clearo to make sure the wicks stay saturated the iclear 16 or 30 are good choices. They are plastic tanks. I use the 16 because it looks good on an ego battery. The iclear 30 holds more juice but makes the setup look top heavy. I also love my mini protank and my next purchase will be a mini protank 2 or a davide mini. Or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

5. MommyDragon

MommyDragon Full Member

Jan 28, 2013
    California
    I use the ce5. I love that I can change the head (that contains the wicks & coil (s) for less than $3. If you prefer juices that damage plastic (citrus/cinnamon/cola) then get something non- plastic :)

6. Brachinus

Brachinus Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2009
    Jersey Shore
    I found that taste change in every top-wick clearo I tried. The EVOD keeps the same taste for weeks, and the only difference I notice is that the vapor production goes down a bit, and then I replace the coil (they cost about $1.50 each) and it's good as new.

Big, big fan of the EVOD, and bottom-coil design in general.

7. Choc_Addic

Choc_Addic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    Caldicote tunnel
    Great device for a beginner: would be a EVOD. They're easy to fill, reliable and very easy to replace the heads and rebuild them if/when you are ready. Such similer devices but different looks are as follows : EVOD, MT4, T3, T32, T3s, T4, X6S , REM, V2 , KWX6 , X9 Protank, Protank 2, Protankmini, KWX5, PURITANK etc. Pick up any of the listed devices and a few replacement heads (heating coils) for easy consistent vap.
    All of these are BCC (bottom coil design.). Watch some youtube vids on EVOD.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.