noob need help with menthol DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
Hello all
I've been vaping this liquid for years(my ADV):
D'lice menthe Fraiche/Fresh mint(in case you are familiar with it)
it's a very fresh mildly sweet e-liquid
10-x-e-liquide-dlice-menthe-fraiche-3-mg.jpg

it taste like those Blue and white mint candy
51UctOsn1uL.jpg

51d97d19-1d70-4f2b-9427-92441cd3b257_1.479e27f58542bec3ca78cf85751b2fbd.jpeg

they also have the Green mint e-liquid which i don't like:
e-liquide-d-lice-menthe-verte.jpg

it's to sweet not minty enough and tastes like the chewing gums.

for reasons of new regulations and money wise,i would like to try to make my own e-liquid(70PG @6mg nic)
do any of you know what am i talking about with those liquids i mentioned and can give me a recipe for that exact taste?
also i heard there were mint crystals i could buy;does that get me close to what I'm looking for?
for reference, i think i tried the Hallo sub zero and many other mints and didn't like them at all.
and i have zero experience with DIY.
Thanks.

P.s they also have another mint flavor that i don't like that tastes like a certain variety of the Hollywood or Orbit Xtra mint chewing gum which tastes like those extra strong tooth pastes if i recall correctly,i think it's called pepper mint.

Last edited:

10x sugar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
OC, NJ
I have not tried those liquids that you mentioned, though I have been exclusively a DIY mint vaper for 3 years.
This is not the information you are looking for because 1. See what @bombastinator said above. And 2. It is not quick, easy or at least initially, cheap.
But I will tell you what I did anyway! I went to Bull City Flavors and a few other sites and I ordered every single mint flavor they had in the smallest sizes they carried, about 40 mints/menthols in all.
I read the comments on the sites to get an idea of starting percentages for the flavorings. I mixed each mint solo at the recommended percentages and tried to get a feel for what I liked. Turned out that I liked the simple 1 and 2 flavor mixes the best.
I had enough stock of my commercial liquids to vape with as I experimented so that I didn't panic.
This method seemed crazy and expensive initially but I now have 6 mint variations that I love, I have peace of mind knowing that I will always be able to vape and it is crazy, crazy cheap.
Good luck with whatever you try! The main thing is to keep at it. The stakes are too high not to!

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
Thanks guys, i see there are no shortcuts, but as mentioned it's worth the initial hassle,cost and time experiencing with all it includes;probably endless rewicking.
the thing that bothers me a bit is that a simple mint liquid like the one i vape may include multiple flavors in it,(boosters or whatever it's called)in different quantities,so it can get quit difficult/impossible to 100% reproduce the exact same taste.
i may try looking again for a recipe for this specific e-juice online.
also I'm quit intrigued with those mint crystals;what are your thoughts about them and is it enough to just melt those as instructed without any other additives to get a ready to vape mint e-liquid?and how is their taste?

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have never tried that juice, but those candies are Peppermint. So I would start with one of the Peppermint flavors from this page:
Menthol & Mint Flavor Concentrates.

Try whatever you get at maybe 15%-20% to start and focus on just getting the Peppermint flavor where you want it. Once you have that, if it isn't sweet enough start adding some sweetener at about 1% - 2% concentration until you get the sweetness right. Finally focus on the "coolness". You can add either Polar Blast or Koolada a drop or two at a time and adjust until you get the right "cooling".

I would make no more than 10ml sample sizes until you get the recipe right.

Note on the cooling agent: My personal ADV is a similar mixture using Wintergreen instead of peppermint. I use Polar Blast as the cooler and add 10ml of cooling for a 236ml bottle of liquid. So with this stuff a little goes a long way. OH and whatever you do, do NOT try the cooling agent straight or put a drop on your tongue...TRUST ME.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
This might be close. Or another brand of same name

Creme de Menthe Flavor Concentrate

Based solely on the picture I am not sure that is Peppermint. I am guessing more of a green mint. I could be totally wrong though. That is one of the issues with "mint", there are many different types. Menthol, Wintergreen, Spearmint, Peppermint, etc. Without a proper description, you really don't know what you are getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread