Peppermint flavor that doesn´t taste like menthol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
Hey,
I´m still looking for a peppermint flavor for my DIY juices that DOESN´T have that "medical" menthol smell and taste but tastes like the fruity flavor I get when rubbing the fresh mint between my fingers... already tried a spearmint flavor but that was too much like chewing gum.

Any recommendations?
Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I haven't looked for DIY juices in peppermint flavors, but I used to buy a juice from Madvapes called Candy Cane. It was the closest to real peppermint that I found. If there's a DIY flavor from a vendor with that name, you might try that one.

Here's a link to a DIY flavor that I think might be what I was getting in vendor juices and liked. The reviews rate it as "just like peppermint candy".

Candy Cane by Flavor West

• Agree

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
tastes like the fruity flavor I get when rubbing the fresh mint between my fingers...
For that fresh "plant/leaf-like" result; I like both Mint-INW, and Natural Mint-INW. I find the Mint to be more "natural"(leafy?) than the Natural Mint. The Natural takes on a bit more of the hard candy notes to me, but still remains more "plant-sh" than candy like.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Thanks, yes, that "plant/leaf-like" experience is exactly what i´m looking for. Too bad that concentrate seems not to be available around here anywhere. Seems many flavor brands/manufacturers are only available in the US or Europe (maybe because of ingredients not allowed by TPD2?).
I see, by your avatar location, you are in Germany(?). Can you order directly from Poland? Inawera has two Polish sites available:
Inawera Flavours - Inawera Flavors
and
e-aromashop-INAWERA GROUP
Both include both German and English translation.

Some folks here in the US still find it cheaper to order directly from Poland, and pay international shipping; to get better pricing than they can find in the states.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Hey,
I´m still looking for a peppermint flavor for my DIY juices that DOESN´T have that "medical" menthol smell and taste but tastes like the fruity flavor I get when rubbing the fresh mint between my fingers... already tried a spearmint flavor but that was too much like chewing gum.

Any recommendations?
Thanks!

I'm still working on a mint mix that will taste like real mint. Nov 1st I made 3 different batches to try with different mint flavorings.^ My 2 favorites so far both use Inawera Wera Gardens Natural Mint. One is a 3 to 1 mix of that Natural Mint and TFA Peppermint. The other has more of the peppermint but also has spearmint to fill it out more. 4% TFA Peppermint, 3% Inawera Natural Mint and 1% Spearmint FA.

I've been combining these 3 (the other one is 2% each TFA peppermint and Wera Gardens Natural Mint and 1% each FA Spearmint and plain Inawera (not Wera Gardens) Mint - there's nothing wrong with it, but for some reason I just don't like it as well - to find approximately what I like best

I'm thinking next I'll probably try some at 2% FA Peppermint, 2 (or maybe 4)% Wera Gardens Natural mint and a to-be-determined amount of FA Spearmint

And to round things out a little I'll be adding a very small amount of marshmallow. I really don't like sweet flavors and another one of my big 3 daily vapes is a Burley menthol tobacco so I'll pass on Menthol for this mix. Too biting and would mask the other mints.

* I've never had much luck using tiny test samples. For me trying things out over at least a couple of weeks works better. I don't experiment much with combinations I don't think I'll like. With the 3 mints using mostly the same flavors but in different combinations of strength I've been going a couple of weeks for each one, and now I'm trying combinations of them very inaccurately just tank mixing them.

Last edited:
  • Useful

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Thanks, yes, that "plant/leaf-like" experience is exactly what i´m looking for. Too bad that concentrate seems not to be available around here anywhere. Seems many flavor brands/manufacturers are only available in the US or Europe (maybe because of ingredients not allowed by TPD2?).

I wouldn't think that flavorings would/could be banned because except for tobacco flavors most can/are used as food flavors.

I see, by your avatar location, you are in Germany(?). Can you order directly from Poland? Inawera has two Polish sites available:
Inawera Flavours - Inawera Flavors
and
e-aromashop-INAWERA GROUP
Both include both German and English translation.

Some folks here in the US still find it cheaper to order directly from Poland, and pay international shipping; to get better pricing than they can find in the states.

Yes, the e-aroma shop is where I got the Inawera flavorings I've been experimenting with. I had to order from there to get a large quantity of their Burley tobacco since I see that recipe (with menthol) as part of my daily 3* flavors. Of course while I was there I had to shop around for the mints and others. And yes, even with shipping the prices are better than the same flavorings sold in the USA.

*Earl Grey Tea is my other mainstay along with mint that I'm trying to refine. I usually try some other teas or bakery flavors, but there aren't a lot of the teas and most of the bakery flavors are too sweet for me.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Check sites that stock candy making supplies also peppermint extract is available in most grocery stores. In places where vaping is regulated or limited supplies available you have to think out of the box.
Just a general caution to anyone considering this "out-of-the-box" alternative: BE SURE TO READ THE INGREDIENTS list. Many "made for food" concentrates that are commonly found on grocery store shelves contain preservatives, food coloring, and other components, vapers may wish to steer clear of.

I am not saying "don't use them;" just take the time to read the labels, and make informed choices.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread