Noob on the Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

VadimGod

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
brooklyn, NY
Im still new and this is looking into the future.

I cant wait till i can get a provari, I really want to try different voltages and i dont want to have to change out batteries to do it. The provari looks like a great unit, i love the menu and that i can change V without changing out batteries...the one downside im seeing is that i have to THINK and look at the screen to turn it on and off...I love my ego battery...5 clicks on...puff puff puff...5 clicks off....stick it in my pocket....take it out...5 clicks and im vaping.

Please correct me if im wrong...seems with the provari the on/off isnt AS simple...i know the menu isnt diffecult, but i really love not having to think about it at all...especially while driving or biking...am i mistaken? Also, the provari button is very pronounced, seems like it will ALWAYS fire when in a pocket.

Is there something out there similar to the provari that has an easier on/off?

I wish they would just put another button on the provari that was the quick on off, or if you clicked SOS code on the button it turned off or just something i can do without looking at it.

9 clicks, wait 2 secs, 1 click isnt SOOOO Bad but just enough that id have to look down at the screen you know?

Thoughts?

golferman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Henderson, Nv USA
I have a provari and I have never turn it off. An 18650 last me for almost 2 days. I only do 3 menu selections with it.

1. 5 clicks to check my current voltage and increase it if I want.
2. 7 clicks to decrease the voltage.
3. 11 clicks to check the ohms of my automizer.

That's it.

Before I bought mine I worried about all the clicks. But believe me it is no hassle what so ever. I love my provarie and it took my vaping experience to the next level. Buy it, you will never be sorry. You will probably end up down the road with a bottom feeder VV box mod. That's the best there is. But they are hard to get. Look at the Grip or the Red Sky or the MonkeyBox. Or if you can get your hands on a Ali'i. If you don't want the VV then I would go with the Reo Grand. It's a bottom feeder and built like a rock. There is a whole world of mods out their. Go to the classified section of the forum. You can save about 15 to 20% buying used but in excellent condition. They had a ProVari for sale for $150 the other day but it is probably gone by now.

But with all the mods I have I will never get rid of my ProVari. Hope this helps you.

VadimGod

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
brooklyn, NY
I have a provari and I have never turn it off. An 18650 last me for almost 2 days. I only do 3 menu selections with it.

1. 5 clicks to check my current voltage and increase it if I want.
2. 7 clicks to decrease the voltage.
3. 11 clicks to check the ohms of my automizer.

That's it.

Before I bought mine I worried about all the clicks. But believe me it is no hassle what so ever. I love my provarie and it took my vaping experience to the next level. Buy it, you will never be sorry. You will probably end up down the road with a bottom feeder VV box mod. That's the best there is. But they are hard to get. Look at the Grip or the Red Sky or the MonkeyBox. Or if you can get your hands on a Ali'i. If you don't want the VV then I would go with the Reo Grand. It's a bottom feeder and built like a rock. There is a whole world of mods out their. Go to the classified section of the forum. You can save about 15 to 20% buying used but in excellent condition. They had a ProVari for sale for $150 the other day but it is probably gone by now.

But with all the mods I have I will never get rid of my ProVari. Hope this helps you.

do u carry the provari around in ur pocket or just vape at home?

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I probably qualify as a Provari fanboi. It's the best experience I've had.

The only two things that may be drawbacks on the Provari might be the menu system and it's weight. The menu system doesn't bother me at all. But some have complained. And it really is very hefty weight wise.

But it's also very durable. I've dropped it on concrete with no marks left- but a little divot was left in the cement.

At the same time the Buzz Pro deserves consideration. Haven't had one to play with yet. So any comment I could make about it would be from ignorance and I'll refrain from that :)

As near as I can tell you cannot go wrong with a Provari, Darwin (Which I've played with), or Buzz Pro.

HazeyPurpleHippy

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Im still new and this is looking into the future.

I cant wait till i can get a provari, I really want to try different voltages and i dont want to have to change out batteries to do it. The provari looks like a great unit, i love the menu and that i can change V without changing out batteries...the one downside im seeing is that i have to THINK and look at the screen to turn it on and off...I love my ego battery...5 clicks on...puff puff puff...5 clicks off....stick it in my pocket....take it out...5 clicks and im vaping.

Please correct me if im wrong...seems with the provari the on/off isnt AS simple...i know the menu isnt diffecult, but i really love not having to think about it at all...especially while driving or biking...am i mistaken? Also, the provari button is very pronounced, seems like it will ALWAYS fire when in a pocket.

Is there something out there similar to the provari that has an easier on/off?

I wish they would just put another button on the provari that was the quick on off, or if you clicked SOS code on the button it turned off or just something i can do without looking at it.

9 clicks, wait 2 secs, 1 click isnt SOOOO Bad but just enough that id have to look down at the screen you know?

Thoughts?

I absolutely love my provari! Idk why, but I love how heavy it is too. Feels good in the hand, and just feels well made. As for the menu, you get the hang of it in like five minutes of messing around. The button isn't hard to push, but I carry it around in my pocket all the time, without turning it off, and I have never once had it fire in my pocket! Granted I wear my pants kind of baggy. I'd say, nobody could ever buy a provari, and be dissapointed. Of course, one might ball me a fanboi as well!

VadimGod

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
brooklyn, NY
Hey Vadim! If you take the plunge I'd love to know how you like it...also what are you vapin on now?

Device...Ego 1000mah with smoke tech dual coil carto...not really loving it...funny after taste....Other than that just dripping...i got juice from Ivape.net....unfortunately my taste buds quit yesterday...waiting for them to come back so i can really review the juice...

Sweet Caroline juice, butter brew and pomagranet is what im working with...

Did i answer your question?

VadimGod

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
brooklyn, NY
You're worried about a non-factor. I never turn mine off and have never had an accidental fire. It is a lot less complicated than a new cell phone or computer and "noobs" survive those all the time. Even at it's most complicated, vaping really isn't that complicated.

I'm not worried about it being complicated...i can set the alarm on my phone no problem...but i cant do it effectively while riding my bike or driving....i know how i vape...ill pull it out of my pocket and put it back 4 times in a minute sometimes...just when that how i vape at times....taking 5 seconds each time to turn it off wouldn't be great...im sure its an absolutely amazing device for sitting around and vaping... but im glad to hear people havent had issues with pocket fire...thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread