Noob says hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FigNewton

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Garner, NC, USA
Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been off analogs for 5 days and I'm loving my Halo G6. I've been a PAD smoker for 20 years and like alot of people, I've tried patches/gum/chantix/etc with no longterm success. I don't know yet if ecigs are going to be my avenue to a nictonine free life or if I'm swapping analogs for ecigs, but I do know I really like vapeing! ...And I feel better about vapeing than smoking. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
Welcome to the forum fellow North Carolina vaper. Good for you for laying down the analogs and picking up the ecigs.
I found that having dependable equipment and a juice or two that you enjoy the key to success. If you are happy with vaping you will succeed.
There are so many people on this forum that will help with any problems or questions.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been off analogs for 5 days and I'm loving my Halo G6. I've been a PAD smoker for 20 years and like alot of people, I've tried patches/gum/chantix/etc with no longterm success. I don't know yet if ecigs are going to be my avenue to a nictonine free life or if I'm swapping analogs for ecigs, but I do know I really like vapeing! ...And I feel better about vapeing than smoking. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Hi. You made a good choice with the G6.

And for now, the trade between cigs and vaping is enough!!

You can tackle the nic addiction later, if you so choose.

After you post a few more times, join us in the Halo section. And if you are quick, get in on the 12 Days of Halo Giveaway Contest.

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
Thanks for the welcomes! I'm a bit of a gadget freak so I feel like i'm winning two fold: 1) getting off analogs and onto something that's mo better for me 2) a whole new world of gadgets! Thanks again!

... and of cool gadgets there are no shortage, as you'll soon find out. Congrats on making the switch, and welcome to the ECF! :party:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com

Congratulations FigNewton & Welcome to the ECF Forum! :party:

You don't sound very 'confident' about your ability to stay off the 'stinkies', but, let me assure you, with the TONS of information, resources and other ECF Members that have got your back, I'm here to tell you that YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Enjoy whatever path you choose to your VAPING NIRVANA! :vapor:

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
For a time being you can not be nicotine free but tarr and 4000 odd unhealthy chemicals free and this is a success. Most innocent (mind you I am not advertising it) of these chemicals is nicotine. But we were not afraid of it. we were (Our lungs I mean) full of tarr now we are cleaning it (Ironically enough glycerin is one step befrore soap :))
You are saved my friend go ahead happy vapings and welcome to infinit world of gadgets

FigNewton

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Garner, NC, USA
My problem has always been that I've been able to get off analogs while on the patch (and I've done the freakin 2 month nicoderm program more times than I care to admit), and during that time I was able to control cravings, which became fewer and less intense towards the end, but after the last patch I would feel like something was missing. I'm sure that something was the need to drag on a stinkster. I've never been able to take that step from the 7mg patch (the lowest dosage) to no patch. For now though, vapeing gives me my nic-fix and satisfies the urge to drag on something, so I'm happy!

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
My problem has always been that I've been able to get off analogs while on the patch (and I've done the freakin 2 month nicoderm program more times than I care to admit), and during that time I was able to control cravings, which became fewer and less intense towards the end, but after the last patch I would feel like something was missing. I'm sure that something was the need to drag on a stinkster. I've never been able to take that step from the 7mg patch (the lowest dosage) to no patch. For now though, vapeing gives me my nic-fix and satisfies the urge to drag on something, so I'm happy!

You'll be able to get exactly what you need with the e-cig though.... no quitting after 7mg. Then you can go to 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Or whatever you want... I see a lot of folks that still vape 0mg juice. I'm not quite there yet myself. 8-9 mg currently... after 1 year. But I ain't really trying to quit if you know what I mean!

FigNewton

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Garner, NC, USA
I'll tell ya another thing I've found... I always hated menthol stinkies, but I got a "free" tube of Kringles Curse (peppermint-esk) from halo and damned if it ain't "ok". I'm also starting to see that maybe the tobbaco flavors aren't the cat's pajamas and maybe I'm more of a java-cream-pie kinda guy. Who knows? Choice is great!

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
I'm fairly new to vaping, as well, and I'm still trying to knock down the stinkies all the way. But, I made a weird discovery. I always felt that I liked the smell and taste of regular cigarettes, but once I finally found a juice that comes pretty darn close to a Camel, I didn't like it. In fact, I find out that I don't really like any of the tobacco flavors. Instead, I rather like RY4 and Caramel type flavors--I never would've guessed this would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread