noob to vaping. getting an istick

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am buying the istick because I tried my friend's cana modz clone. Fell in love because of the vapor you get off of it and the taste. It was a dripping mod.
Anyways, I'm getting the istick because it's smaller and you do not have to worry about batteries and such problems. I decided to purchase the fogger v4 clearomizer. Will the size matter on the Istick? Does anyone have any suggestions on what clearomizer would be best? Also, does anyone have an Istick and can give me some perspectives about it?
Thanks,
Jpwilx

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I love my iStick BUT there are a few problems with regard to it's circuitry (it measures mean not RMS). It is not capable of down regulating power (it is widely inaccurate, especially at lower voltages). As long as you're aware of it and don't need a battery that can output voltages between 3v and 4.2 volts, you may like it. It does go up to 20 watts (but only using a 1.1 ohm coil).

I can run my Aerotanks and Nautilus with the BVC's (bottom vertical coils) on the iStick without getting dry hits (due to their airflow control). I REALLY love the Nautilus (or mini-Nautilus) on this battery

If you are interested in seeing more about what is really going on with the iStick see a great post by fellow ECF member Peraspera: Wattage Ranges for Specific Ohm Builds Using iStick Specs

iStick Regulated Range.jpg

sisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2014
Texas
Welcome.

I have used mine with the Aspire Nautilus mini, K1 , CE5, Kanger ProTank 2 mini with air flow controller, and an Aerotank mini. The Aspire Nautilus mini with the 1.8 ohm Nautilus BVC coil has been the best.

The iStick runs hotter than indicated. For a cooler vape the Aspire Nautilus BVC 1.8 ohm coils gives good results for everything except the Mt. Baker Vapor licorice eliquid. Licorice can get on the verge of burning on an ego style battery. I think a 2.1 coil will solve the problem. The plastic CE5 with the 1.8 ohm BVC coil gets really hot. Not sure if a 2.1 ohm coil will make a difference.

Try using the search box at the top of the page. Terms such as "istick fogger", without the quotes, may yield some results. After your 5th post the server will reset at 25 minutes after the hour. You can then post questions in the Eleaf iStick thread linked below.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/601111-eleaf-istick.html

~ Elaine

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have an iStick and use it with my Kanger Aerotanks and Emow Mega--I don't use Aspire coils.

iStick is fun but I wouldn't recommend it as a primary device--it's too temperamental, overpowered (it won't even fire under 4.2v--see Susan's post above) and its 510 connection is soft and the center pin tends to sink. If you want a reliable (albeit not so sexy) DNA 20 battery, you may want to wait for the MVP 20 which will be available for sale in early January: 20 watts DNA, spring-loaded 510 connection, accurate voltage and wattage output:

https://www.facebook.com/Innokin.Technology?hc_location=timeline

Or wait for the launch of the MVP3--it may be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread