Noob with a eGo-t getting frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I just received my eGo-T starter kit this past Monday. The kit came with two complete ecigs. I charged the batts (1000 mAh) put some juice in and let them wick for awhile and started vaping. Now let me say that I was a 40 year smoker of 1-1-1/2 PAD. I have not had an analog smoke since 4:30 p.m. on Monday. I have had a few urges to smoke a regular cig but I have stayed the course. One of my new eGo-Ts had great vapor and worked great. The other one was just ok but good enough. I have been trading back and forth using different juices to get an idea about what I would like. Anyway starting yesterday, both of them started leaking. I replaced both tanks and they were ok but both started leaking again. Now the better of the two started giving little or no vapor. I know it has juice so that is not the problem. When I press the button there is no snaps or crackle (or pops for that matter) but I see a faint orange glow. Any susggestions? Have I got an atomizer that has gone belly up? I love the ease of use with the eGo-T but it's not worth it if they are gonna leak. How are you suppose to store them when not vaping? Horizontal or vertical? They have leaked both ways. If I decide to get rid of the tanks and atomizers what are my options? I can't afford to through a ton of money at this.

I apologize for the long rant. I was so happy to get my kit and to go 3 days without an analog. I was so proud. It has been a frustration week. Heck...even the rear end went out of my truck....:mad:. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinkin..(props to the Airplane! movie.)

Thanks for listening guys...any help and suggestions is appreciated.

Mark

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The wick just needs a little lowering,,,look inside and if you can see the wick it is too high and usually causes leaking. gently push it down a little so that it is even with the metal top spike....also could use a cleaning....just put some pg liquid in a tank by itself and puff but don't inhale. only takes about half a tank so or and you should see improvement on the vapor and pull. Or if you have a ultrasonic jewelry cleaner run them in there for about 4 minutes to clean....
hope this helps. let us know...
:)

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I'm really sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble this week. I can't offer any suggestions other than this; try using cartos. I know that probably isn't what you want to hear and I can appreciate wanting to make the tanks work. I'm sure that someone with more experience using the tanks will post something soon. Cartos are an alternative to keep in mind.

I second the cartos. I know some people hate them, and I also bought the eGo tank system with great enthusiasm but after a little time wasn't happy with them.

I went with some good quality cartos in both 510 which fits the eGo and the 808's which need a very inexpensive adapter. I think I like the 808's better because I see more vapor coming out when I exhale and I think the flavor is a little better.

That's just me but I urge you to get some good quality cartos and a few drip tips (also very cheap) and give it a try. I guess the idea behind the drip tips is to just drip right in the larger opening but I much prefer to pull the drip tip off and drip down the side of the carto which gives me more accuracy as to not flood the center hole in the carto and generally not make life suck. It easily pops off when you pull on it and you can add 3-7 drops and vape away.

Don't give up. And if you f--k up and have a real cig, just count it as a small defeat and keep trying.

E-cigs are the only thing to ever successfully keep me from inhaling combusted garbage and you can do it too. You just need to find YOUR perfect solution. You're well on your way and if nothing else have got some great long lasting batteries to fuel your habit.

By the way I have been a 2-3pad smoker for about 25 years. It takes a while to find the perfect feeling "hit," but it can be found. I was trying to get the "Marlboro hit" for so long that by the time I came close I had already found something I liked better. After a while your tastes will change. I thought 100% I had to have the "tobacco" hit or I won't like it but after so many samples of things I thought I didn't like I went back and had a change of perspective................and I'm rambling..

Happy hunting.

Mark

P.s. If money is really tight, I may be able to scrounge up a couple cartos to try. Just pm me

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
BTW, cartomizers hold about a ml of juice. They have a soft cap you just pop off. Hold on an angle and drip juice in (avoid the center). Put about 5-10 drops in, I shake it like a thermometer, add 5 more drops, shake and repeat until full. About 30 drops. Pop the top back on or better yet, use a drip tip because it's easier to fill.

Try not to let them get too dry or they will burn. They are 'disposable' but can be refilled many times. I've used the same cartos for a few weeks, depending on your juice.

Dual coil holds much more. I fill mine with a syringe. You could try one or see how you do with the Boge. The boge are great, I'm sure you'll like them.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Just fyi - you are not the only person who has had problems with tanks. But you don't have to use tanks. With normal (non-tank) attys you can use atty + cart (most annoying), atty + drip tip (many people like) with a wide range of atty brands and resistances, both 510 and 306 threaded. And you can use what more people like than tanks - cartomizers, which use no atty at all. Lots of different kinds and resistances, stuffing type (most popular are Boge), and reservoir types you fill with a syringe.

Gru

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2011
Illinois
Where is it leaking?

If it is leaking out the end of the mouthpiece and into your mouth, you are sucking way too hard.

If it is leaking between the battery and the atty, you will hear a gurgling sound when you puff on it. This is because you either have a serious wick problem, or because you left the PV in the upright position forgot what gravity does.
Leave the PV laying flat when not in use. When you puff on it, tilt it toward the ground and in this case gravity will be your friend.

If it is leaking between the tank and the atty, make sure that the cap on the tank is snapped firmly into place. Also make sure the tank is pushed all the way into the atty. If you are using the soft rubber mouthpiece that comes with the kit, take it off and don't use it. I have found that the rubber mouthpiece wicks juice from the joint between the tank and the atty. Since I quit using the rubber mouthpiece, I haven't had any of my tanks leak from the joint, unless I lay the PV down on a piece of paper or a napkin, then the paper or napkin will wick juice from the joint.

I really wish they would put an O-Ring on the tank to help seal it.

Gru: They were leaking around all the places that you mentioned. And yes at one time both were stored standing up...stupid I know..Just wasn't thinking at that moment. I let both of my PV lay on their sides over night and most problems appear to have cleared up. Just had a bad day, perfect storm thing going on I guess. I still went ahead and ordered some boge 2.0 cartomizers just to have and to check out.

Whitewall: Don't let my experience put you off of the eGo-T. I am a noob at this and most of the time I am my own worse enemy. You need to ask more questions and let the knowledgeable folks here help you make an informed decision. Plus I am trying to kick a 40 year smoking habit...my main problem with that is insomnia at the moment...:blink:

Thanks again everyone for being so understanding and helpful.

Vape on.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread