Noob with a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

John87

Jan 7, 2018
So I came across a Voopoo 157W Drag box, with batteries in it. Honestly I found it lol. My buddy gave me a tank with a coil in it. The batteries in it are Samsung INR18650-25R, the coil is .16 ohms. SOOO my questions, 1 are these batteries safe to run up to the 157 watts? 2 Is it in my best interest to get a different coil if I want to run up to the 157w rating? I am literally a virgin when it comes to these things. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
What is the benefit in running at 157W? Higher watt doesn't necessarily mean better vape.

Two battery mod? Really 2 batteries including the model you mention should be run up to about 120 max without stressing them. They will probably do the 157 while freshly charged but not when they are half empty

John87

Jan 7, 2018
I honestly have no idea what using the different wattages even does, I just don't want my batteries to catch fire or explode if I decide to run that high. I'm just trying to figure out what is safe and not safe and what I need to do to get a good vape. Like I said I found this thing and figured I'd try it out. What about the .16 ohm coil? what wattage is safe to run with that?

Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
It's a regulated mod so if the batteries are what they say they are Samsung 25R they are fairly safe in the mod. If they are rewrap counterfeit maybe not. Nothing is ever 100% safe

Start out with a higher ohm coil and lower wattage if you don't vape now.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I honestly have no idea what using the different wattages even does, I just don't want my batteries to catch fire or explode if I decide to run that high. I'm just trying to figure out what is safe and not safe and what I need to do to get a good vape. Like I said I found this thing and figured I'd try it out. What about the .16 ohm coil? what wattage is safe to run with that?
85-94 watts. But it's all personal preference. We each have our own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Are you close to any vape shops? That would be so much better for you to learn about ecigs.
What kind of tank did your 'friend' give you? And do you even smoke cigarettes? Or is this just a 'lets see what this does'? type of situation? Are you old enough to legally use these product?

:)

John87

Jan 7, 2018
If you found the mod did try to find the owner?
nope sure didn't it was one of my drug dealer neighbors customers that clog up the parking lot leaving me nowhere to park at my own place of residence. They drop stuff all the time especially money. I take it as payment for being a douche canoe and selling to high school kids.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
-1418366213.jpg

Ralph_K

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2018
nope sure didn't it was one of my drug dealer neighbors customers that clog up the parking lot leaving me nowhere to park at my own place of residence. They drop stuff all the time especially money. I take it as payment for being a douche canoe and selling to high school kids.
LOL I read your drug dealers neighbors customer.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Burns to hit on low wattage and gets smooth at high wattage sounds a bit fishy
I really don't know. I like a .03 ohm and a .05 ohm but I never have gotten past 15 Watts before my ejuice starts to taste burnt. I like a cool vape.

:)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
OP, I'm not really going to comment on how you acquired your setup, I believe you.

I will say that a) no, don't vape that thing at 157 watts, just because it goes up that high. You may stress your batteries and also burn out your new equipment quickly.

Also, if I found *any* vape, I'd recommend (since you can't find the owner) cleaning it thoroughly and REPLACING the batteries, you don't know how old they are, you don't know how the drug dealer treated them (and the mod) etc. I would buy new batteries and proceed with caution. I'd also suggest as others have said, not going over 120 watts in that setup (which to me would be pushing it but I vape at low wattages.

As far as a new coil, I don't see that you need one. You don't need to get up to higher wattages, you need to run wattages that are comfortable/safe for your mod and your build is plenty low already.

Also, good luck moving forward (and hopefully the mod).

Anna

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I started vaping at 8 Watts. The equipment was different then...
I personally see no reason for more than 50 Watts. Did that on a dual-coil setup on a mech mod. Way too hot for me. These days I am usually 25W / 430*F on a Temperature Control mod, or 11 Watts on a mech mod.
This is not an endurance test. It is a method to quit smoking tobacco.
Did it occur to you that a drug dealer's customer might have self-destructive tendencies to begin with ? Turn the wattage down to maybe 10 watts, and slowly raise the wattage in small increments until you are comfortable with the results.

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
Why don't you read up on stuff a little before you ask silly questions start at the bottom and work your way instead of trying to blow your face up from the get go my 2 cents

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Also, having been married to a dealer... Sanitize the mod somehow, if I didn't say that already. A lot of them sample their product, leading to undesirable health conditions.

You know, I'd have a hard time being happy using a mod I just "found" somewhere, period.

With that said, I AM glad you are here and asking questions, since it appears you will be vaping. Keep up the questions, don't get deterred. With that said, maybe a nice, new starter kit that's easy to use might be a good place to start from, KWIM?

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread