Noobie here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
Long time smoker.. smoked all through high school.. quit for a bit, started back up again with cloves and cigars of all things they were delicious but tore my throat up and now I smoke camel menthol silvers since of course cloves are illegal! I smoke way too much, it's tapered down a bit from the 3 packs it was a year ago to around 1 pack now. I've developed quite an annoying cough from those years of smoking and have attempted to kick the habit with things like snus... but that'll just tear you up in other ways! So, now wanting to give ecigs a try.. I know I know.. I've read some posts and I'll know what you'll say hehe. I figured I'd go to the local Sheetz and give a disposal blu menthol a try. Not too bad.. I haven't wanted a regular cigarette all day, but it just seems a bit pricey for what you get.

I don't really care about the shape or size of the cig.. just wondering what the main difference is between one of the auto cigs and the push button ones.. I like the blu for the simple fact that I can just put it to my lips and puff but open to opinions because I'd much rather find something of better quality and maybe a little less pricey.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
For most people, auto batteries aren't the way to go due to several things. Most of us drip or use cartomizers that we fill ourselves. Both of these can cause accidental leaking into the battery sensor hole and cause battery death. With the manual batteries, there's no worry because they are sealed. They also allow the user to control the hit they take.

If you're going to invest in another kit and don't care about the size, I highly suggest either an eGo or KGO. The cheapest place for an eGo kit is E-Liquid and Electronic Cigarette Shop - Category Listings. For the KGO, www.hoosierecigsupply.com.

There are coupon codes for both vendors:
liberty-flights...click on the coupon code tab located at the top of the page.
hoosierecigsupply...5off for 5% off free shipping for orders of $55 or more

Last edited:

NuttyNerdGirl

Sep 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
I went straight from smoking analogs to the manual button. It seems everyone has that transition period between smoking actual cigarettes and going to an automatic, then deciding the automatic is not good enough and upgrading to a manual. I didn't want to spend extra money doing that extra step.

Honestly, it's really not a big deal to switch to the manual. You get more control and after you get a taste for the delicious e-juices, you'll want to take a longer drag. That's where the manual comes in handy over the automatic.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
I'd have to second the eGo. Nice battery life on them, and lets you get the feel for vaping before sinking some money into a mod.

The button and size you will get used to in a day or two. Size wise it's like dealing with a pack of 100s or wides when the store is out of your usual brand of analogs.

The flavors :). I smoked regular cigs, and only had a menthol every so often, trading people for one. Like some of the menthol vape flavors. Really digging some cinnamon & menthol mixes.

Price and feature wise you can't really go wrong with an eGo/kGo a they are 510 threads. Good thing about them is if you run out of juice and don't want to touch an analog the Blu cartridges at Sheetz will fit on them. Expensive to do it all the time but nice to buy one of the carto packs to have as a back up in case you run out of juice or your atomzier/tank system has a problem.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...the ego started the fatt batt models...the KGo is an improved clone(IMO)...both batts come off the charger at around 4.2v...the Ego is regulated to around 3.2-3.4v, giving a very consistent vape...the Kgo, is unregulated and starts off at around 4.2v with slowly decreasing voltage...since it has twice the amp rating as the Ego, it still outperforms the Ego...these units are proprietary and cost 14-18bux to replace...they should last around 2-300 charges...personally of the two, I'd go for the KGO as a better performer.............
madjack:2cool:

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I'd have to second the eGo. Nice battery life on them, and lets you get the feel for vaping before sinking some money into a mod.

The button and size you will get used to in a day or two. Size wise it's like dealing with a pack of 100s or wides when the store is out of your usual brand of analogs.

The flavors :). I smoked regular cigs, and only had a menthol every so often, trading people for one. Like some of the menthol vape flavors. Really digging some cinnamon & menthol mixes.

Price and feature wise you can't really go wrong with an eGo/kGo a they are 510 threads. Good thing about them is if you run out of juice and don't want to touch an analog the Blu cartridges at Sheetz will fit on them. Expensive to do it all the time but nice to buy one of the carto packs to have as a back up in case you run out of juice or your atomzier/tank system has a problem.

I started with the Joye 510 and would consider it a waste, no battery life. I now use it for sampling new juices. I then went with the eGo 650mAh battery and it was good but it wouldn't take me through the entire day. Bought the eGo 1000 and it was better but recently (6 weeks ago) switched to the Echo-E. Best of the bunch. The cartos and 1300mAh battery take me through the whole day.

Also, I always had problems with the eGo atomizers with cartridges leaking on me. Go the cartomizer route, again the Echo-E. No leaking at all with better throat hits. I imagine that the Echo is just as good as the Echo-E but the Echo-E allowed me to interchange all of my batteries and parts, same threading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread