Noobie needs advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHGRLORD

May 30, 2013
Germany
I know this is the wrong forum, but for some reason i can only post a thread here. Any help would be appreciated. I have a provari mini and i use a 510 caromizer. I cant remember what its called, but i use the larger of the 2 tanks i can buy. For some reason when i fill up my tank that is already working well, it gets that gurgley sound like there is too much fluid in the cartomizer. When i fill it up, i dont fill it any more than 1/3rd of the way, yet too much fluid seems to wick into the cartomizer. Any tips would be appreciated. Ill see what i can do about posting this in a correct forum, but any tips would be appreciated.

SeaTownLassy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Seattle, WA USA
What tank are you using? I use a smoketech UDCT and when I refill I carefully blow it out after filling. This is because no matter how careful I am pushing the carto back up after filling, it sends juice into the air flow tube. Try turning the tank upside down and blowing through the drip tip with a tissue paper catching the juice from the other end, then have fun vaping!

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Q: Are you removing the top cap of the tank to fill it?

If so, then when you replace the top cap, it's pushing liquid into your already primed carto and that could result in gurgling. If this is the case, I recommend getting a tank fill tool or one of the long skinny drip tips that are designed to aid in refilling tanks. They make the task of refilling easy, and you won't have the pressure issues on refills.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hello Ohgrlord, and welcome to the forum.

Could you describe what method you are using to refill your tank? Are you pulling the cartomizer downward from the tank and filling it through the hole in the top end cap (preferred method)? Or are you removing the top cap entirely, filling the tank, and then replacing the top cap (NOT recommended)?

The second method I described above is not recommended because when you replace the top cap onto the tank, there is too much pressure created inside the tank. The pressurized juice has no where to go but into the cartomizer, resulting in too much juice and flooding.

Too strong of a vaping technique can also cause flooding. The best technique with a cartotank is like sucking on a straw in a thick milkshake. Take a long, slow, gentle draw of 3 - 6 seconds.

It sounds like the cartomizers that you are using might be Smoktech. This brand has a looser filler material which may cause them to be more likely to flood. If the above methods described do not help your flooding issues, try using some Boge XL cartomizers which have a denser filler and not as likely to flood.

I've written a few articles on cartomizers and cartotanks in my blog. You may find some useful information there; in particular a cartotank tutorial and a large list of online vendors that sell pre-punched cartomizers.

E-Cigarette Forum - Baditude - Blogs

OHGRLORD

May 30, 2013
Germany
Thank you all for the replies. This is an incredibly friendly forum.

Baditude / Blugen, i am apparently using the "non preferred" method, sort of. I was popping the cap off and pulling the carto down. I will give what you suggested a shot. I was taught to remove the cap, drop the carto, and refill. Next time i will just drop the carto down without pulling the cap off.

UOENO702, the carto is probably 4 days old and the holes are pre punched.

I apologize for any misspelling or redundancy in my post. Im about half way thru a bottle of tequila atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread