Normal or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjrs315

Apr 30, 2011
Syracuse
I was a half a pack to a pack a day smoker. When I first started vaping I found myself doing it significantly more often than smoking for a number of reasons;

the novelty of being able to smoke indoors without bothering anyone;

the fact that I could get a significant buzz off of an e-cig without worrying about the health concerns related to a cigarette;

and the fact that I was introduced to vaping through a friend of mine who had provided me a number of delicious juices that were enjoyable to use.

However, as I started using it more habitually the first time I started I ran into a number of issues that made it tricky to not regress back to smoking cigarettes:

It was near impossible to find replacement paraphernalia locally (except for bumming more equipment off my friend)

The equipment I purchased initially didn't provide enough battery life for a whole day, and the voltage was inconsistent at best. I initially purchased a kit of Joye 510 batteries after borrowing a friend's significantly larger battery mod and found the process of constantly swapping batteries and carrying spares frustrating (which for trying to quit smoking wasn't exceptionally helpful). I wound up using a USB passthrough cable which significantly helped curb the battery usage considering the miniscule battery life on the cigarette / pen sized PVs.

It'd recommend doing some research, and considering your smoking patterns before purchasing your initial equipment. Some reading and time can save you money in the long run by preventing you from purchasing equipment that doesn't suit your needs. Good luck :)

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
I am going through 3 times more liquid than my husband and I'm sure I'm getting more nicotine than I ever did with cigarettes because not once have I felt the "gotta have one right now" feeling.

I thought I would have to be locked up and tied down to quit smoking, so for now I'm going to keep doing what is working for me and eventually I'll try to taper it down.

If you can, keep buying the disposables until your kit comes. We got lucky because we ordered two Luci disposables, and I waited so long for them to arrive that I ordered 2 kits and some juice in the meantime. Our disposables came one day and the kits came the next so we were able to switch over 100% right away.

I remember trying to talk myself out of it with the disposable, then I would think that maybe I just wanted to use disposables all the time and there was no way I could afford that, etc. It was the cigarettes talking.

Good luck, it was fun to read on the other thread about how excited your husband is too :)

i also reach for my e-cig much more often than i would a regular cig. the fact that i can use this indoors makes me use it much more and i dont have a problem with that. im guessing that another month or so i start tapering down once the novelty wears off. i drive at least an hour to work each way and have this is my hand all the way there, all the way back.

lauraebk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Ca
I have to say I noticed some of the same things myself. Part of it was the novelty, and part was getting out of the rythmn of smoking analogs.
Once I realized that I can take a puff or two off my vaporizer and then put it in my pocket, it was an epiphany. I had to leave the mindset that I had a set time I HAD to finish a whole cig, or I wouldn't get another chance. One puff, then put in my pocket, take another in 30 seconds or in 4 min or in an hour... Switching from planning a time and place to have at least one entire cig, to knowing I could have a "fix' most any time mellowed me out significantly.
Personally, I vap all over the place and no one knows. walking down the hall, in the bathroom, waiting in line.. unless i am dramatically releasing massive vapor, its nothing anyone can see/smell.
Plus, I cannot express the joy of the fact that NOTHING IS ON FIRE! :) If caught, dump in pocket, smile and move along...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread