North East UK New to e-cigs need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday while visiting mother in law at hospital I ran into a lady at the smoking shelter, we began discussing how we should be quitting but how there were so many aspects of smoking we actually liked but didn't want to give up. This is when another lady joined our conversation introducing us to the SKYCIG, she let me have a go on hers and WOW! I was sold...directly after leaving the hospital I ran out trying to find this SKYCIG only to be told the various stores I tried didnt have it. I ended up buying a disposable nicolites, and have NOT had a single urge for my traditional cigs at all. This of course is a HUGE victory for me as I am a very addicted cig smoker of 30 years...so to find e-cigs is a god send. I know myself and will want to keep e-cigs as anormal par of my life, not only as a tool to quit smoking as it allows me to keep the things about smoking I like without the other. I do like the size and shape of the ones that duplicate a traditional cig, so which of that type is known to be mosy cost effective? I know nothing about these things so I don't even know if the type I have been introduced to are refillable in a cheaper manner or am I bound to that brands refil cartridges? I am seeking advice on becoming a e-cig smoker with a modest to low budget, but dont want to end up with something that has that false tobacco taste Ive found on non vapor products...I do like the way both the sky cig and this nicolite taste feel and work, I just need to find my brand, get the kit and feel Im not breaking the bank. Sorry if this is long worded I do tend to ramble on.BTW I am Toni and I am an AmeriBritt....Im from America originally but have settled in the UK 12 years now and counting.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome Toni, from the South West UK :D

The Skycigs aren't good value at all. The battery life is very short between recharges & their cartomisers are very expensive to replace. I know you say you want a real cig size e-cig, but you would do far better going for something like a Riva (more the size of a cigar) this is a good kit to go for, use discount code ECF 10 for 10% off & ask at check out for the atomisers to be swapped with cartomisers. You will also need to buy some e-liquid as the cartomisers will need filling straight away -

The Riva 1100 Deluxe Kit £34.95 - Deluxe Vaping Kits - Riva 1100 Kit Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

If you really do want to go for something smaller, the SD Keyring packs quite a punch for it's tiny size & comes with a couple of prefilled cartomisers. However, you only get one battery in the kit, so it would be best to buy 2 of the lits -
The SD KeyRing Ecig £12.99 - Basic Vaping Kits - SD KeyRing Ecig Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

You can also buy more of the prefilled cartomisers (or refill them/others yourself) Prefilled cartomisers -
SD KeyRing Prefilled Cartomisers £6.99 - Vaping Spares - Cartomisers Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was considering this as my starter kit, as you get 10 cartomisers with it, but from what your saying I need to buy the bigger one, which I think for me wont work as part of my sensory addiction to cigs is the smaller round item in my hand and mouth....so in weaning off regular cigs I don't know that a larger one would fullfill that need...am I sounding picky? I hope not...it's just when I do anything new or discover anything and everything I ALWAY do tons of research and really I did no research on this cept reading round in here, LOL I just know there must be a cig sized one out there that gives ya "bang for yer bucks" LOL so to speak.As for refilling anything I wouldnt know how to do that myself unless theres like a tutorial on refilling them yourself...I thought I was stuck with the prefilled cartomisers....oh final newbie question for now...if I have a say nicolite e cig and it runs out so maybe since its cheaper I buy a Vapourize cartomiser....is it even possible to use the cartomiser from one kind with anothers electrical end? <--hope I said that right..Im not always good at saying things how I mean them.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Toni, did you check out my link in post #3 for the ciggie lookalike? It's a really good price & you can buy prefilled cartomisers for it, but it is very easy to fill/refill cartomisers with e-liquid. Check out this video for one of the ways to fill a cartomiser -
Filling 510 electronic cigarette cartomizers using the "condom" or "push" method - YouTube

The Nicolite you bought is a disposable? I've no idea what kind of thread it has, but as you can't recharge it, it would be pointless buying new cartomisers for it.

Im not trying to source yet...Im trying to settle on a type first...I pretty much think I will have my first starter kit be these traditional cig size and shaped ones, so now to find the Brand of this type which once I have bought the starter kit will not cost an arm and a leg to keep refilled...does this type I like only have the prefilled cartomisers? or is there a way to refill myself once Ive used up whats supplied in my starter kit?

@ Chrissie I know the nicolite is a disposable, I only bought it to give it a go to see if I liked it...nicolite does make rechargeable ones and they give 10 cartomisers in thier refill sets...and yay for being able to refill myself..I was hopeful I could. What I meant about interchanging products was once I buy my rechargeable would another brand's cartomisers work with it...Thanks your all being so very helpful.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Toni, this one that I linked to - Rechargeable E-Cig (510) £8.99 - Basic Vaping Kits - Rechargeable E-Cig Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid you can use any standard 510 cartomiser with it. Either prefilled, or unfilled ones that you can fill with juice of your choice. And because it has a 510 fitting, you can buy the replacement cartomisers from so many UK vendors. For example - unfilled cartomisers -
Boge 510 Standard Resistance (5) £5.79 - Vaping Spares - Cartomisers Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

And these prefilled ones will also fit -
SD KeyRing Prefilled Cartomisers £6.99 - Vaping Spares - Cartomisers Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Not sure what you mean by "type" but any of the 510 series work well for a lot of people because the 510 threading is pretty universal and allows easy up-grading to larger batteries, carts, cartos, etc. Basically, they can grow with you as you like. You could start with a short, cig sized battery, then if you get tired of changing out batteries often, change to a longer or larger battery XL or eGo, that will last longer but not make your carts/cartos obsolete.

Last edited:
[h=4]After much debate and back and forthing on youtube for reviews my husband and I have gone for the Innokin AIO (All In One) Pack IK-1200 E-Cigarette , we feel as newbies it provides us with a great transition from cigs to vapor, we get the recharging package, the battery and 3 cartos, as well as starter e liquid and all required cases and leads for charging. We will be able to refill with ANY type or brand e-liquid, the battery is a pretty standard 510, which we can replace when required. Thanks allot to everyone who helped me out, I look forward to learning much from you all....such as...where is the best place to find the e liquid?:laugh:[/h]

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi again Toni here is a list of UK e-cig & e-liquid vendors (plus discount codes where applicable) -

ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK - Recommended & new suppliers (e-cig/juice sellers)

Two of my favourites for e-liquid, from the above list, are Vape Escape's grizwald juices & paradise Vape's. If you want cheap & cheerful, check out the link to Vapourworld. Many of the others in that list are really good as well :)

Its fine, I watched several YouTube reviews from folks who seem to review allot of Vape stuff, and they said though its not ideal for die hard vapers, its an excellent one folks like me who are just starting out.I ordered my first ejuice from paradise vapes and am so excited now for everything to arrive...I ordered my brand of tobacco flavour and RY4, as I have heard allot about RY4..so gonna see what all the hype is about on that one. Thanks again

Just wanted to report back, Our Innokin A10 starter kits arrived, and today our e-juice from Paradise Vape arrived.....OMG they included a free sample of this gingerbread e-juice and Im seriously HOOKED! The other flavors I ordered were good as well, but this gingerbread is perfect for what I need...its mild on the throat and flavourful in the mouth...and for me VERY Addictive ...I seriously ordered a FULL sized bottle mins after simply trying it out from the sample. Thanks everyone for thier suggestions and help...Im now well on my way to being a Vaping queen, LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread