Not a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
That's why it's good to have backups...juice, mods, everything. If all else fails and you don't have backups, next time, instead of cigarettes, buy a Juul. It might not be as good as your current setup, but it's better than smoking.
Yeah I'm really annoyed with my self just did it in the moment

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I understand. I've been frustrated before (like one day all of my mod batteries died around the same time) resorted to smoking for the rest of the day. Don't let this keep you down... things happen (it's how we learn) Think of this like cooking... you spend hours making a fancy recipe and just as you are taking it off the stove, you drop the whole thing on the floor. Do you just quit eating? Maybe resort to eating an entire box of doughnuts that night but doesn't mean you should never try cooking again. It's usually techno issues for me but I have also spilled juice all over myself (that's when it becomes more than just the small setback... now you have juice all over yourself and have wasted precious supplies) I'm sure all of us have similar stories ;)
I have this small mod/tank I carry around (like when I help my son with projects) I had just put in a new coil, filled it with some good juice and he distracted me while vaping (he gets impatient... "I just need you to hold this for one minute") Put it in my pocket, then I said "what is that sizzling sound?" Goodbye new coil and now nothing to vape until I got home. Ended up bumming a smoke from his girlfriend. Lesson learned (always lock the mod when not using it... or just my son to wait until I'm done vaping) Tried to operate a vape, a beer and a cellphone at the same time... down went the vape on the concrete... totally broken. I have many more stories but you get the idea. Rule number 1: don't be in a hurry (and don't let others rush you) Rule number 2: learn from your mistakes. Rule number 3 (the most important one): always have backups of everything.
P.S. I once tried to open some toilet bowl cleaner with this crazy child proof cap. Could not be done so I grabbed some big pliers and destroyed the cap (but got it off) Had no way to seal it after using it... did a quick fix with plastic and a rubber band. It got knocked over in under the bathroom sink and got that stuff all over (it's an acid product... not good) It's usually just that first time trying to get a cap off when they give you so much trouble. After two years vaping, had that same issue the other day with a flavor bottle. Managed to not spill it but cursed like heck (dam idiots make these caps so hard to remove!)

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Just to cheer you up -

You do get these days - me, I'm nursing a sore cut on my left hand when the cork on a Valentine's day bottle of champagne wouldn't come out and I foolishly tried using a steak knife which slipped!

The cut's just by the old scar which I got years ago - the last time I tried that trick!

1.jpg

Last edited:

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
I understand. I've been frustrated before (like one day all of my mod batteries died around the same time) resorted to smoking for the rest of the day. Don't let this keep you down... things happen (it's how we learn) Think of this like cooking... you spend hours making a fancy recipe and just as you are taking it off the stove, you drop the whole thing on the floor. Do you just quit eating? Maybe resort to eating an entire box of doughnuts that night but doesn't mean you should never try cooking again. It's usually techno issues for me but I have also spilled juice all over myself (that's when it becomes more than just the small setback... now you have juice all over yourself and have wasted precious supplies) I'm sure all of us have similar stories ;)
I have this small mod/tank I carry around (like when I help my son with projects) I had just put in a new coil, filled it with some good juice and he distracted me while vaping (he gets impatient... "I just need you to hold this for one minute") Put it in my pocket, then I said "what is that sizzling sound?" Goodbye new coil and now nothing to vape until I got home. Ended up bumming a smoke from his girlfriend. Lesson learned (always lock the mod when not using it... or just my son to wait until I'm done vaping) Tried to operate a vape, a beer and a cellphone at the same time... down went the vape on the concrete... totally broken. I have many more stories but you get the idea. Rule number 1: don't be in a hurry (and don't let others rush you) Rule number 2: learn from your mistakes. Rule number 3 (the most important one): always have backups of everything.
P.S. I once tried to open some toilet bowl cleaner with this crazy child proof cap. Could not be done so I grabbed some big pliers and destroyed the cap (but got it off) Had no way to seal it after using it... did a quick fix with plastic and a rubber band. It got knocked over in under the bathroom sink and got that stuff all over (it's an acid product... not good) It's usually just that first time trying to get a cap off when they give you so much trouble. After two years vaping, had that same issue the other day with a flavor bottle. Managed to not spill it but cursed like heck (dam idiots make these caps so hard to remove!)
Thank you so much you're completely right, stuff happens and you would not learn for the future if you did not make a mistake at one point, it's all apart of the learning process. I really appreciate you for going out your way and you have made such a good point; I'm stupid If I let something stop me from doing what I love (because I can't lie I'm really getting into vaping) and now that I think back on it I've made so many mistakes with other things it's not like I'm just going to stop everything I mess up you take it in for the future. I'm going to give the rest of this pack to my friend and I'm off to the shop for some more vape juice. Thanks again for writing this you have really helped me understand that stuff happens in life and you just have to learn from your mistakes and take in what you have done wrong for the future.

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
Just to cheer you up -

You do get these days - me, I'm nursing a sore cut on my left hand when the cork on a Valentine's day bottle of champagne wouldn't come out and I foolishly tried using a steak knife which slipped!

The cut's just by the old scar which I got years ago - the last time I tried that trick!

View attachment 930419
Ouch, that must of hurt. Everyone is right things happen and you can only learn from your mistakes thank you for going out your way you have really helped me understand the bigger picture and as they say, It isss what it iss.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I highly suggest getting one of those short filled cap openers when I first saw them I was like there's no freaking way that that is going to help me I might as well just use a screwdriver and then when I drove a screwdriver through the corner of my nail I said what the hell they're $6 I'm going to grab one and I have not looked back now usually I'm popping off the tops of like 100 ml but I do believe they work on smaller things too. Anyway if you think it'll work or if you find one that says it'll work for whatever size bottle you're talking about I suggest it. It makes it easy and way less likely to dump the .... all over yourself lol.

As far as the going back to smoking thing you know it's a kind of relapse and relapse is part of addiction. And when you get back set up and you're good to go again just dust yourself off and move forward from there. It's just a temporary bug it's a bump in the road it's not the end. Keep your head up and keep pushing forward it's all anyone can do

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I'm stupid If I let something stop me from doing what I love
Never say (or tell yourself) you are stupid. Maybe foolish, impatient or just frustrated... but never stupid (just a word I don't like)
Also (what @AvaOrchid said) Everyone says don't hate yourself (I'm also struggling with that... 8 months just vaping and now I am a dual user... an it doesn't make sense because I love vaping so much.
BTW, I wasn't clear on if it was the juice bottle (short fill?) or the nic shot. Doesn't matter... just find a better way to hold the bottle and open it (like set it on a solid surface) Maybe practice with the actual bottle that gave you so much trouble.
Hold on... maybe I didn't quite get this. Is it the cap or the "spout top" on the bottle you are talking about? At this point, I'm just very curious... please give us some details.

Reactions: muza123

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
Never say (or tell yourself) you are stupid. Maybe foolish, impatient or just frustrated... but never stupid (just a word I don't like)
Also (what @AvaOrchid said) Everyone says don't hate yourself (I'm also struggling with that... 8 months just vaping and now I am a dual user... an it doesn't make sense because I love vaping so much.
BTW, I wasn't clear on if it was the juice bottle (short fill?) or the nic shot. Doesn't matter... just find a better way to hold the bottle and open it (like set it on a solid surface) Maybe practice with the actual bottle that gave you so much trouble.
Hold on... maybe I didn't quite get this. Is it the cap or the "spout top" on the bottle you are talking about? At this point, I'm just very curious... please give us some details.
So basically, I was trying to use a pair of tweezers to get the actual cap off to add nicotine to my e juice and I was not getting very far, so I put more force on there and then pop the lid flew across the room like I was opening a bottle of champagne. And then I realized the liquid is all over my clothes (it did stain my clothes sadly). But there was still 30mls out of 100 mls of e juice so not the biggest loss but its 100% a lesson learned and was a bummer. Appreciate the help and thank you @AvaOrchid too going to look into that when I have my next paycheck.

Reactions: AvaOrchid

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
So I'm still confused. The "cap" (often has a "child safety" feature). You tried using tweezers on that (or the spout cap under the main cap) Please explain. Main cap requires squeezing and/or pushing down at the same time (especially the first time) The spout cap requires something like a butter knife (and still there is a trick to doing this... much better off with the tool suggested)
Either way, tweezers are useless. I'm a mechanic and have many tools (I understand most people don't have many tools) I'm not sure if any of understand exactly what you are trying to do. Did you manage so use the 30 ml anyway (and estimate how much nic shot to add)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread