classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
How do I find this part? - all the useful tech stuff gets shunted there so it doesn't frighten the girly wusses. At least 90% of posts amount to adverts for the latest expensive whizz-bang shiny gadgets - I can get that anywhere.

We move qualifying threads to Not Advisable for specific reasons - they are practices that are UNSAFE to be done.
If you really think there might be "useful tech stuff" in posts that were moved there :
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forums/not-advisable.338/

The last thing that vaping needs is more negative attention.
...hope we don't read about you on the evening news !

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
ECF does not condone unsafe practices and will not knowingly assist the membership in obtaining a Darwin Award, especially when it comes to battery safety. Obtaining batteries from questionable sources (recycle bins, laptop battery packs, etc.) is definitely an unsafe practice and any mention of obtaining batteries from these unsafe sources will be moved to Not Advisable.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I spent an hour or so reading that subforum. I didn't whether to be horrified or entertained.

0606dc9e03f7bd8f603e121d2d8f9bb36b98fb7a8a2540ff35757bd10a91d8c0.jpg

ian-field

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Hertfordshire
We move qualifying threads to Not Advisable for specific reasons - they are practices that are UNSAFE to be done.
If you really think there might be "useful tech stuff" in posts that were moved there :
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forums/not-advisable.338/

The last thing that vaping needs is more negative attention.
...hope we don't read about you on the evening news !

It would take considerable effort on my part (if not deliberate mischief) to get anywhere near the "negative attention" caused by approved certified commercial products - even Boeing managed to f**k it up in a very spectacular way.

Reactions: listopencil

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
It would take considerable effort on my part (if not deliberate mischief) to get anywhere near the "negative attention" caused by approved certified commercial products - even Boeing managed to :censored: it up in a very spectacular way.

Well, see, here's the problem: Some people are dumb. Some people are foolish. Some people are irresponsible. That's just part of the human condition. Odds are some of them are your friends, because they aren't really bad people, just people with flaws. If you're sitting around in a room with a group you can usually identify these people and help them through things that may be unpleasant or potentially dangerous. But that's not always possible here and the admins that run this site don't want to have potentially dangerous activities discussed on a regular basis because they want to avoid encouraging risky behavior. I think that having a special forum for these discussions is a good compromise.

ian-field

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Hertfordshire
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Noooo

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well, see, here's the problem: Some people are dumb. Some people are foolish. Some people are irresponsible.

And some are all of the above.:D

Truth is, most troublesome posts/threads don't end up there as folks, even with some really weird ideas, will ask for and get help here. It requires diligence and perseverance in clinging to your really bad ideas to make it all the way to that subforum. Think of it this way, it sets a new bar for us all to aim higher for.:lol::evil:

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Buying approved certified commercial devices is risky behaviour - none of my DIY contraptions have blown up.

YouTube shows some pretty scary lithium adventures - so far; I haven't managed to duplicate any of them. Not that I've deliberately tried, but I do tend to "push the envelope" when exploring new technologies. The *ONLY* lithium incident I've had was a counterfeit Motorola battery from eBay - that was no more dramatic than inflating its vinyl jacket.

They're still going to 'err on the side of caution' so to speak. This site has a bunch of sub forums, and the mods seem to do a pretty good job of trying to make sure that topics go in the right sub forum. Honestly...if I were you I'd be happy that a sub forum exists that caters to your needs rather than remorseful over a lack of discussion about your particular topic in a more popular sub forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread