Verified Member
Sep 19, 2015
Amsterdam
Hello,

I have just bought a e-cig, with this specs:
Eleaf iStick 40Watt TC
Aspire nautilus Mini BVC tank
Aspire Nautilus Organic Cotton coils (OCC)-1.8 Ohm

I just charged the battery, put some melon flavoured liquid in it and started puffing. The first few puffs were very satisfying, but after that I got a real chemical/steel-ish flavour. I tasted like something is burning in the coil.
Ive tweaked the settings and I smoke at 7,5W now.

Already tried to change to coil, but same results. Also I waited 5 mins before puffing after putting the liquid in.

I know for a fact that this is not the taste I am supposed to get, since my mate has exaclty the same gear and he has a rich, fruity melon flavour.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Did you wash out the tank prior to filling it with e-liquid?

Sometimes, depending upon the viscosity of the e-liquid you are using, you may need to do "primer puffs" while you vape. Thicker e-liquids don't wick as well and can cause "dry hits". Primer puffs are drawing on the tank as if you were vaping, but without the fire button on. This allows suction to pull liquid into the wick and coil without burning it.

Medelijden

Verified Member
Sep 19, 2015
Amsterdam
I did not wash the tank, no. I've "installed" it with a veteran friend of my on the phone and he simply said put the liquid in the tank. So I never thought about washing the tank. I have put somewhat more liquid in the tank and it's acceptable now, after puffing for some time. I think the liquid itself is low quality and not strong.

I am not sure what you mean with "primer puffs". I am sure your explanation is good, but English is not my native language and I can't really understand it! Sorry!

Reactions: NoFumus

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
All cotton coils have to be primed well with juice. If they are not primed well the cotton will burn. Once the cotton is burned the burned taste doesn't go away.

To prime the coil, drop 3-5 drops (sometimes less/more depending on the size of the coil head) of juice right inside the coil, another drop of juice in all the holes on the side of the coil. Put the coil in the base, fill the tank and screw the base back onto the tank. Once you put the tank on the battery give it several unpowered primer puffs by drawing on the mouthpiece without pressing the battery button.

Turn you voltage/wattage down, tank a few hits, bump it up, couple more hits. Repeat until you find your "sweet spot". If your vape starts to taste burnt, dial it back down.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I did not wash the tank, no. I've "installed" it with a veteran friend of my on the phone and he simply said put the liquid in the tank. So I never thought about washing the tank. I have put somewhat more liquid in the tank and it's acceptable now, after puffing for some time. I think the liquid itself is low quality and not strong.

I am not sure what you mean with "primer puffs". I am sure your explanation is good, but English is not my native language and I can't really understand it! Sorry!
good thing your friend isnt a tech writer.....
you need to prime the wick/coil ( get it wet with juice before applying power)...
make several hard pulls on the atty without pressing the button to pull juice into the chamber
then you may start vaping in the normal manner.
the wick needs to be wet before vaping.... unless you really like that burned taste :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread