Not Happy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderwoman

Jun 3, 2011
Ohio
Just got my Gorgious Pink SmokeStik today. Hardly any vapour or throat hit. I wound up having to put it on a charge, although the battery was suppose to be ready from the box. After I charged the battery it still wasn't much better. Now, this is my very first experence with an e cig and I have the full flavor cart attached. I smoked Marlboro full flavor cigs. Help, I love this kit, but if it isn't going to do the job, I'll have to send it back. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I opened the full & menthol they send you, and I ordered the full black carts and tried one of those, same thing. Help, I really NEED to get srarted, my health is taking it's toll. Jan

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I believe you also emailed us since I recognize the situation you describe. I have already replied to you last night. If you want to call and talk to us about what to realisticly expect from an ecig I would be happy to talk to you. I do wonder though since you say you have never tried an ecig.....how do you make the statement there is no vapour or throathit? What are you comparing it to?

EDIT:
Ok so anyone who saw this exchange knows I made an ... of myself here......in my defense....well nevermind...there is no excuse. Janice is a very nice lady and I hurt her feelings because I didn't read carefully. And NO alcohol was NOT involved...LOL.....What was involved was LACK of coffee!!! My bad....I should have listened to Steve and walked away from the keyboard. Next time I will.

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Ok let's try again.....

Janice

There is really no perfect ecig. SmokeStik had a niche like all other brands and models. Our niche is people that want something simple and realistic and don't want to have to deal with liquids or little parts and pieces. There is nothing wrong with those things.....I have them myself. But most importantly....you can have as much stuff as you want! You can have your beautiful pink SmokeStik for special occasions....and even if your not interested in the "mod" culture.....but want a hard hitting cloud of vapor.....my tentative suggestion is a variable voltage Ego with an adapter when you want a SmokeStik carto.

I'll buy one right now and test if for you. As a favor to my company of course.:laugh:

When I spoke to you on the phone we talked about flavors. I understand that your one of those people that will probably need flavors to be able to stick to the ecig...since you love sugar and sweets. Please don't misunderstand what I told you.....a LOT of foodie flavors taste very good....and there are many high quality sellers here that sell prefilled cartos with flavors. Just don't expect them to taste like the pretty pictures or you set your self up for dissappointment. If you like coffee I have had good luck with coffee flavors as the most realistic.

The problem I had with flavors and the quest for the perfect ecig is NOT that the other vendors are low quality or bad companies....it's simply that taste is totally subjective.....so you come to ECF and see people raving about Shrimp Cocktail juice.....you buy some and you think it's horrible. So built into this whole experience is a lot of trial and error to find what you like. That is why many people just stick withTobacco or Menthol. It's just easier. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Spiderwoman

Jun 3, 2011
Ohio
Hi, I have been trying to vape sence yesterday, and have only smoked 4 cigs! For me that is totally awsome. I would like to see if you or anyone can help me with the vaping. It seeme that if I curl my index finger around the cart and the battery I get a good inhale. I tried the fingernail trick, but it didn't do anything. When I vape theere's a sound of air hissing from the two fittings. Is this normal? There's nothing coming through and no vapour. But only when I block the fittings with my finger, then I get an excellent hit and vapour. This is with a fully charged battery and a new cart. Also, me and Lorraine have patched up our differences to anybody that may have read the posts. We're OK. I don't know what you're talking about as to the voltage Ego w/ an adapter, (for the SmokeStik?) I just may be happy with an herb/menthol type flavoring. Who knows. I do like the tast of the regular high cart of the SmokeStik, only having trouble with the vaping thing. Need some answers please!!! Don't want to trot down the yellow brick road with Dorothy and the Tin man to see the Wizard for answers. Besides, my Ruby slippers are to small for me.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hey keyzygirl!

Thanks for stopping by! And that is an EXCELLENT tip!!!

Janice
Is this happening with one certain cartomizer??? Or one certain battery? I know this is frustrating....it is not an exact science. It is possible you have a cartomizer that isn't screwing in all the way. Or....if it happens with a certain battery....and ALL the cartomizers.....same thing in reverse...the battey threads may not be perfect. In either case we will send you a new on of whatever the problem is. Can you email me at service@us.smokestik.com and tell me ? That way I can get something in the mail first thing in the morning.
LK

ps...yes a certain amount of hissing is normal. But I need to know if it happens with both batteries or just one or ?????

PSS....Janice...I just sent you two new batteries and some HIGH nicotine Menthol. Relax....enjoy your weekend and don't worry about how much you smoke or don't smoke. Your on the right track. You should have your new stuff Monday and then you can see if it is any better. If it isn't....we may not be the right product for you as a daily vape. If that is the case then we can talk about what is next. But don't worry...you have options and there are several other companies that SmokeStik trusts....we will help you replace your tobacco one way or the other.

Last edited:

Spiderwoman

Jun 3, 2011
Ohio
OMG, I can't believe what you just did for me. After unwraping every single cart and testing each one, I can fairly say there isn't anything wrong with the batteries. I found that almopst all of the black carts were weak even though they say high. The white sample pack, mostly the high seems to be better that any of the others.? I couldn't figure out what that long plastic thing was that came with the kit (extension)? It fit over the battery and I inhaled through it. Did that make a difference! I do wish you had 24mg. strength though. I have also came to the conclusion that just maybe the first day or two, with all the chest congestion I have that inhaling (vaping) I wasn't getting a strong hit on account of that. Does this make sence? Sooooo, I now need to send you back the batteries you sent to me because I truely don"t think there is anything wrong with mine. Like I said, the black carts that say high seems to be the problem but I can't figure out why the white high cart from the kit would be good and the ones I ordered hardly work. Maybe in a few more days, as I start to breath better they will work for me. Talk to you later Lorikay, I am going to try to relax over the weekend. I'm worrying to much over all this and starting to feel like a pain in the ... now.

Last edited by a moderator:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I hope you meant that worrying and trying to learn all this stuff is a pain in the .... You are not. Your posts have ended up being EXTREMELY helpful I am sure to other new people. And I have also learned from you as well. So please don't feel funny about any of this. Everything you have said is absolutely valid and does make perfect sense. Don't worry about the batteries....we can work something out. You were a heavy smoker.....your going to need extra batteries. If for no other reason than when one goes through the washing machine....or the cat steals it for a rolly toy......your going to be freaking out on one battery. :)

If the black ones were also the hissy ones it's possible you just got a box that were not threaded right. Don't throw anything away. We will talk Monday and figure some of this out. I sincerely commend you on the effort your putting in to this. That right there tells me your going to be succesful whichever product or combination of products you end up with.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I had to check on you.I'm soooo glad you got it working and I commend them for sending new batts and trying to help,that's great CS!!Don't feel like a pain.This is a learning process and it takes time to figure it all out.Never be afraid to ask questions.Its how we learn and people here are more than happy to help.We have all been there!

Spiderwoman

Jun 3, 2011
Ohio
Hello, I recieved the kit of new batteries and the high menthol Wed. Very nice minty flavor. I like! I've not been to well these past few days and is why I haven't been on here. It helps to make sure your meds are in the right order and you're not taking twice of one med because 2 look almost the same. Made that mistake in January and was in a coma, almost died. I am very Lucky to be here right now. Very rough experience. I just turned 60 and I just don't have the pleasure of growing old gracefully with this disease I have. Anyway, I am doing good with the smoking. Sense I first received my kit, about 2 weeks ago? I am so proud of myself. I have been a smoker sence I was 13, back when it was "COOL" to smoke. The only time I was able to quit was from being in the hospital. Damn if I didn't light one up soon as I got home. I never was a menthol person, but I sure do like these. Thanks Lorikay. What's up with your avatar? It sucks!!!

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Janice
Good to hear from you! You were on todays "todo" list for a phone call. Glad you like the menthol.....we hear that alot.....about not being a menthol smoker but loving the SS menthol cartos....it's why we just send them even if you say no....LOL.
Are you up to a quick phone call ? I don't want to bother you but would like to know if the batteries made any difference or if maybe not feeling well had something to do with your initial experience. You also bring up yet another good point....medication...any kind of medication....can dramatically effect the way we all experience anything....but especially taste and throat hit can be grossly diminished by certain drugs.

There is also the dreaded "end of the day" flavor drop....another perfectly normal experience for almost all of us. Janice I think I might have to make this the official newbie thread.....you have been very helpful.

So um.....not a rat lover?

Spiderwoman

Jun 3, 2011
Ohio
If you want this to be a newbie thread it's fine with me. Through my experience with all of this, I feel people should know about chest congestion etc... That is most likely the reason people want to go this route with an e cig. It's the coughing constantly, COPD, Asthma, inhalers to breath just so you can have a cigarette. It finally takes it's toll on the body but the trouble is " I LIKE TO SMOKE" for most people. This is a blessing, you can still (smoke) VAPE and you're still getting your nicotine but with out all the chemicals and poisons that contribute to a whole lot of health issues of which I am an expert. I don't know about medications contributing to taste and throat hit. Would be very interested in knowing more on that subject. I am on Morphine and Gabapentin for the rest of what life I have left, as it is now shortened by the disease called Arachnoiditis. The smoking will make my time even shorter, so I have many many reasons to quit! I want to add a few more years to my life and see my Grandkids get married and all the other stuff that goes along with life. I started smoking when I was 13 years old and I just turned 60. I am getting a little better because I can breathe better and that has a LOT to due with these e cigs. If you can't breath well you can't vape well. This I learned on my own and I thought there was problems with the kit that I bought. No matter what or where you buy your kit, there may be a slight problem with the throat hit or vapour due to your general health at the time.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
that is some awsome customer service smoke stick!
the supplier that i bought my first kit from was nothing like that, their atties died 2-4 days after use. They said it was my fault and that was the end of their communication with me.

It probably was your fault if it was your first kit....LOL......the kit still should have come with some kind of directions or a help line you could call. You have no doubt found your way to many of the fine companies here at ECF. And bigger is not always better.....before I came to SmokeStik I had the best luck with the little mom/pop stores here.

Janice you are one determined lady! The cheering squads are definately on your side! Thank you again for taking so much time to let us know how you are doing. Your posts really do contain some very valuable information.

I can tell you from first hand experience that narcotic pain medications will mess with your enjoyment of ecigs more than almost any other meds. They dry out your mouth but above all....their job IS to deaden your senses. One of the most dangerous things about them is that they depress your respiration......so trying to learn something new that involves inhalation while your on Morphine is a courageous act. It can't be easy.....congratulations to you!!!

Spiderwoman

Jun 3, 2011
Ohio
Having respirtory problems and the meds I take makes my breathing very shallow. I was on methadone for about a year and a half. I dropped sooo much weight and stopped eating, drinking, and my body was starting to shut down. I didn't pee or anything. Took my meds at bedtime and my husband tried to wake me up the next morning but I was in a coma and everything that was left in me came out all over him. LOL That was around 10 am. I woke up at midnight with all my family around my bed. I was so hooked up to tubes and in such pain I yelled at my Husband to of let me die. At the time I really meant it. That was on January 25th. That's when I was switched to the morphine. Did that stop me from smoking??? HELL NO!!! Ten days later I was discharged and the next morning I went to my best friends funeral. She died at the hosp. I was in and she was one floor below me. You never really know what hand you're dealt and life can be gone in a blink of an eye. Sooooo, I guess I am finally accepting the fact that I NEED to STOP SMOKING. I saw fist hand what my kids and grandkids went through at the hospital that night. I also have two visually impaired boys (men) and they need me. So if anyone out there is struggling with this idea of quiting cigarettes just read this over again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread