Not liking the 306 atty :( 801 fusion question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Riddle me this???

Why is it when I'm using my 306 atty I get a dry metal in my back throat hit but when I look at my atty there is juice showing just above the bottom of the bridge???What am I doing wrong?

I know this might sound strange, but you just might be sucking too hard and fast. Try taking slower and lighter draws. You can suck that juice right up off the coil. You will see it, but it is not where it needs to be. Just try it. Slow, easy hit.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Mmmhhh... The 306 lr are my best experience on bottom feeder mods (I have a Reo Grand, a mini wv, a wv and a 18390 by next)
I tried cartos.. but I just can vape them properly on my previous Bullet,filling from top; what is the meaning to have a reservoir (tank or cart) when you can squonk as needed? I found much better to see the liquid in my transparent drip tip, flowing away if needed.. Probably I am doing something wrong with cartos..?

DH and I have been confirmed atty users since Aug 2010, LR 510, for him once he started using REOs instead of 801 pen style but mostly LR306 and variants and LR 801 for me. We had an issue with the very nicely priced bulk VaporKings, Joye 510, for DH as 1.5 was too hot and 2.0 too cool so I ordered him some of the special 510, I think from IKV, at 1.7 ohm, which was just right. But they cost a lot more.

With my juices, mainly FSUSA Butterscotch Almond, Hopscotch, and Applewood, liking a warmer vape lower than 2.0 ohm the flavors suffer somewhat. The Ressurector 1.7 cartos have given me the best flavor with these juices over all other carto/attys I've used. And I've used just about every carto, including tanks, and atty available in the US. I never thought I would make a statement like that. I do use IKV 801 Fusions but they are, with my juices, similar to the 2.0 Boge cartos, both being less satisfying than the Resurectors. The Boge 2.0 carto is a little cool for me, too.

That's why I use a carto on my BF REOs. DH really likes the convenience of the carto especially traveling and weekly air travel. They never leak due to altitude/pressure changes. And when he needs to change carto out he can toss the carto without my getting all over his case. At home, after so many refills, I do clean the Resurectors and throw them in the emergency box.

I mostly use LR 801 attys on the 801 fitted REOs.

I do love the HH357 and iO6 but I've sorely neglected all attys but 801 since we started using the 510 Resurectors.

Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Oh I've used ccv before.I've tried the resurectors before on my ego.I had one half alive left when I got my Reo but I don't like how much it sticks out from the top.Good carto but I dont like the size.Funny how on the ego it was perfect size.I need to try the boges though.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Yeah, they, the Resurectors, are a bit long. I've contemplated cutting them down a bit, with small pipe cutter. Spoken by a confirmed tube cutter/modder. But look at it this way..... you don't have to lift your arm up as much. Spoken by a very active person who excels at being lazy when static.

Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I know this might sound strange, but you just might be sucking too hard and fast. Try taking slower and lighter draws. You can suck that juice right up off the coil. You will see it, but it is not where it needs to be. Just try it. Slow, easy hit.

Ditto on that. I think that is probably the major key to 306 about equal with keeping it just wet enough.

Alice

Streetvapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2009
Stuck in the FunHouse
Well I just noticed on the avid vaper website that they have HH375 stainless 2.0 ohm attys available.I think I'm going to pick one up and give it a try since apperenlty that atty will fit my vaping style more in the sense on how I like to draw on my attys.And I also may need to get over the wonkiness of how the resurectors look like on my Reo and pick some up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread