Whats the best way to rock a cartomizer on a reo especially a reo vv and a fusion 801 carto question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Hey all,

Long time exclusive reo user. Exclusively used 306 attys or boge 510 cartos on my reo. Didnt vape anything else.

I Left the forums for long time. Just coming back 3-4 months now. Loving an rm2 on my reo. Has all components i need, juice. Ease of use, cheap to make coils, AIRFLOW, custom-ability, taste, vapor, - same reasons everyone else loves their reos and rbas .

However my girlfriend/ex girlfriend is a vaping newbie. She asked what to get and i said reo. I told her to just start with the best. Reo VVs were available so we both got those.

For starters the boge carto does not work as good on a Reo vv set to 3.7-4.2 volts compared to a regular Reo grande IMO. My thoughts being that airflow is somehow different on the reo vv. It just doesn't vape as well to me.. anyone with same experience ?

We've tried lr, as well as standard resistance cartos. Now with that being said if airflow is in fact the problem do they make a 510 to 510 adapter that has holes in it for juice to flow through? Perhaps the height of the adapter will fix the airflow problem. If that adapter doesn't exist to try and fix the problem I open to other suggestions as she does not want anything to do with an rba and frankly i would like to be able to vape a nice carto on my reo vv as well...i guess the easiest thing would be for her to try some 306 or 510 attys or hh 357 attys on her vv grand. But i still would like some feedback regarding this carto issue.

Last thing - been watching videos from 2 years ago up until present day and apparently i missed this whole fusion carto revolution from ikenvapes with some high marks for his cartos with 801 threading. So now I'm wondering if there is a 510-801 adapter with a hole somewhere for juice to flow as well - with this being a great carto (from what I've read) and having an adapter in there to raise the connection up and allow for airflow I'm thinking this would be a great carto for her and even myself. I love the rba mania but would also love a good carto at times.

Even pre rba time the carto never really worked as great on the reo as on some other devices and i was less aware of airflow at the time. Perhaps squonking juice up the middle restricted airflow or the really deep 510 connection well did. HOWEVER, The convenience of the juice bottle/squonking and rock solid design and having a device that fired every single time far outweighed any drawbacks in carto performance for me though!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know these cartos are mass produced in china and one carto i would want to marry and the next carto i would hate ! But as a trooper i always stuck it out and was glad to do it as it really was my personnel favorite combination of device and topper until the rm2 came out.

(To reiterate some of the specific questions:
Any thoughts or input on getting better performance out of any carto on a reo vv (airflow my guess but open to other opinions), anyone know if connection adapters allow for juice flow? And if so anyone ever try one, lastly opinions on whether vaping a fusion 801 carto is possible on the reo. )

Thank you all !!!!!

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I never had much luck with cartos on my mini's and grands, so can't really advise. But, just a thought, why not try attys instead? Pre-RM2, I found those to give a very nice vape, and you have the juice onboard already. Either way, the squonking will be different, and I doubt you'll get as good a vape as a rebuildable, but I know Robert has some on his REO site you could snag to give them a try.

If memory serves, he also used to carry 510 to 510 connectors.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
What Ancient says ^^ I dont know of a 510-801 adapter with a hole, but Reos does have 510-510 and I dont see any reason to not email a few vendors with a 510-801. I also second the atomizer idea. Thats what I give my other half he has zero interest in my rm2 so I set him up with the 510 atties I used before moving into rebuild land. I always got the KidneyPuncher Long Barrel Unsealed. There is always one here and there that is DOA - but those little guys really perform for the 5 bucks they cost. They last months as well.

I have also heard good things about the mini smok carto that Rob carries on the Reos site.

Good luck getting it all sorted out quickly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread