Not open for further replies.

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
hello unknown to me section of this forum. :D

so i have been vaping for a year and 3 months. i have tried many ejuices and my faves are ry4s. my ultimate fave is vermillion river ky4 second is bluemist vaping ry4.5. i have been doing nothing but modding and making attys this past year and am burned out on that. its time i give diy a shot. i am not in the search of the original ry4 or anything like that. i want to get as i can to a creamy, sweet, smooth tobacco. not dry not bitter chemical or anything like that. i am going to order from wizard labs as they seem reasonably priced in case this doesnt work out. i want 50/50 mix at 12 mg, i understand how to achieve that kind of, the flavoring is what i need to get down.
this is what im thinking of getting flavor wise.
caramel
dulce de leche
vanilla
and i dont know what tobacco
i understand i might need maltol ethy (spelling?) to make things sweet
if anybody has a recipe that falls into what i am in search for please point me in the right direction. i dont want to replicate the original as i never had it, this is what i like if you have tried ky4 or ry4.5 even mom and pop ry4v2, that is what i can vape the s out of all day every day lol. thanks and hope to hear from the joos masters.
urq

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I have never had those variations of RY4 that you mentioned earlier, but, I believe the Double RY4 is a great stand alone flavor. Though, go for it man! Nothing wrong with a little experimenting.

I made a bottle of this stuff mixed with a little chocolate fudge brownie, lol. Might have been overkill, time to allow the ingredients to settle will tell :D

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
well on bluemist ry4.5 i can detect dulce de leche because ive had the real thing at my grandmas house in mexico. took me back to when i was 5 lol. so maybe double ry4 and dulce de leche might be the winner? since im sure the double ry4 has caramel and vanila already in it. might be wrong tho i dont know.
to add to this too i do have a horrible flavor pallete. i can pick up simple things but when i read post about how they pick up weird flavors in juices i vape includong my co worker, im like ... are you talking about lol.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Heh, I thought the same thing. I bought 2 vials of ethyl maltol, and when I tried it, I rarely use it :D

Don't get me wrong, it's not bad. But, it just doesn't seem to fit with a majority of my recipes. It's a sweet-ish flavor, that evolves into a almost cotton candy sugary flavor. Pick up a vial, just in case you find it to be the bee's knees. As is, I have two vials that are gonna last for a loooong time, heh.

Personally, if I sweeten, I have been using the (TFA) sweetener, which I believe is just sucralose. I have heard that it can gum up attys/cartos pretty good, though, I use it in very small amounts.

Since your palate isn't very sensitive, so you believe, I don't know if sweetener is something you really need to consider? I think it's for those who feel that a blend is a tad too 'rough' and needs some smoothing out. However, everyone is different, and opinions are like anuses... (I'm sure you know the rest ;) )

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Will do I,sure I'll be buggin the crap out of u guys here lol. It weirded me out that they took PayPal and that shipping is pretty steep

You ain't bugging me.

I think shipping is based off of weight, so depending on how much you bought, it will become more expensive.

Though the shipping isn't fixed, you really can't beat the pricing/ml. Plus, John is an awesome dude. You might even get a phone call from him. That's just how he rolls. :)

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
yea i wanted to know about the asian ry4 also, please drop by and let us know how your mixing comes along .. i wanna know everything you do cuz im a huge ry4 fan and i never even touched the asian stuff..

listen, check this out URQUIDEZJ...

alright.. the Double ry4 from WL is from TFA but im not calling you a dummy im sure you knew that.. i have to say that its the second ry4 i have tried.. the first one was from my local vapor shop.. which i didnt like atttt allll i was like damn why the f... do people love this stuff??? but THEN i ordered some Double RY4 from WL... and i have to admit man, it was the best idea i have ever had in my DIY experiences.. its delicious to me... its my favorite.. but i have said enough about it in other threads and stuff (let it steep!!!) 2-3 weeks...

ok now, i have tried to make my own RY4.. and so i used caramel, bavarian cream, and commercial ciggy tobacco.... dont get me wrong man it was goooood but too sweet.

so i looked up what is in the "original" ry4.. its made up of vanilla (bavarian cream), caramel, and tobacco (commercial tobaccy)... so i was pretty much on point.. i noticed that you mentioned Dulce de Leche... im Cuban, so im familiar with the flavor however, the dulce de leche from TFA is weak.. you gotta mix it a little higher to taste it well. Man i feel like your onto something here though, dulce de leche would be such a good addition to ry4... and yes, you sparked an idea in my head.. and you just inspired me to open up my lab again...

For you though, i suggest you find what you like about your RY4 flavors.. do you like more of a tobacco in it??? or more caramelish??? more creamy??? make it your own, thats the best thing about DIY brotha!!! for example me:
i like it with more tobacco flavor.. so ill add a little more.. tobacco.. the problem with this DIY stuff is that you HAVE to experiment with it.. Especially with our RY4 man.. if i were you... this is what i would do...

1. find out which RY4 is your favorite out of the ones you mentioned..

2. grab your supplies.. bottles, VG/PG, your nic, and of course your flavors... you dont have to use bavarian cream, but it will give you that creamy shtuff .. for vanilla , its just up to you, bavarian cream, french vanilla, vanilla swirl, vanilla cupcake, vanillin, theres a buuunch.. then the tobacco... you gotta pick the right tobacco and theres a .... load of those also... then theres the caramel... the regular caramel from TFA (WL) is best.. not the candy one. or Loranna Caramel is good also..

3. experiment experiment experiment..... study your juices.. you gotta dress up like a mad scientist and shi... grab a bunch of bottles and mix your .... of.. add more tobacco to this bottle, and for this other one, mix with more caramel or vanilla ,, im sure you get my drift..

4. let them allll steeep... unfortunately, RY4 is a steeper.. it has to steep for like 2 weeks man... im being dead serious here.. you have to because its the only way all three flavors will infuse together.. and if your not mixing with nic.. then IMO it just wont taste the same... im not sure if you will or not.

hopefully this helps you out buddy.

PS---- look for recipes online for ry4's... some people have some cool ideas... but your dulce de leche idea is fantastic!!!! thank you....

OH! and LEvi, i cant wait for these 2 and a half weeks to go by.... i dont know why im so happy your enjoying that double ry4.. but i am.. i think its because i told you it was gonna be good... just dont take it all.. lol

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
Yeah I thought it would mix in perfectly. I use rbas have been since I started so I burn through juice fast. To the point that smoking is cheaper because I used to get my smokes in Mexico. 14 bux a carton of pall malls. 15mls of my fave ky4 is 15 lol and its gone in less than three days.
I like creamy camelee ry4s but I'll def experiment with them any tips for faster steeping?
I read something about liking water and putting the itte in there and uncaping for half hrs it should be pretty good, was that bull?

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
I'd also be interested in a comparison between Double RY4 and the Asian RY4. :)

I'm another who would recommend TPA Double RY4. I like it immediately (after a short hot bath and vigorous shake) mixed at about 8%, though I'm sure that some like it stronger.

I'd recommend TPA Bavarian cream, which is a nice and subtle creamy vanilla to me, and Ethyl Maltol, which has a caramelized sugar taste and, somehow, the barest hint of a fruity note to me.

TPA M-Type Premium may be worth a try for a plain tobacco flavor, but it's very strong (think 1% or less,) and generally benefits greatly from steeping for weeks, though I find 1 drop per 10ml to be good after my usual hot shake, with some softer flavors mixed in.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
any tips for faster steeping?
I read something about liking water and putting the itte in there and uncaping for half hrs it should be pretty good, was that bull?

Personally man, I try all of my mixes immediately after a good shaking to mix it well. I think that maybe if you're mixing multiple flavors, it might need a little bit to settle, more than if you were just mixing a single flavor. However, the most I usually give a mix to settle, or steep if you will, is a day or two. This RY4, in my opinion, is great on the get go. And yes, I have found that it smooths out a little within a day or two. So, it's all on you whether you want to wait to vape, or if you choose to vape right away :vapor:

As for the steeping trick, I dunno? You could always try it, don't see how it could hurt.

Levitas. I just ordered some Double RY4 and I'm wondering what % you're using yours at? Not looking forward to the steep times though. I'm not a patient person.

I have been mixing it at 5%. Try it right away, I like it fresh, it's great. If it turns out that you cannot stand it right away, you can always put it away for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread