• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Nothing like changging your ego c atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

vancity

Mar 7, 2012
VanCity
Were they new or just cleaned? I usually clean my atty out every few days and havent replaced it (its been about a month)
I blow on both ends of teh atty (head) (ensuring wick doesnt go in) then put in stream of lukewarm water for a while on both ends, let it soak up water, blow it out, put it on and dryvape a tiny bit of water without the tank on, drip juice into atty direct, then put tank on and inhale hard to get juice flowing a little without flooding, draw a few times to get it flowing, and in a few draws it goes to perfect vapor and flavor.

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
What's worked for me - open them up, rinse out with hot water. Torch the wick until it turns white. Dry burn the water off the coil. Close up & add 1 drop of e-juice to wick - 5 to 10 puffs - should be good to go.

Replacing the tiny wick was the real challenge & took me many tries b4 I eventually had some success. Used a piece of ZIPPO wick - very cheap & easy to get - most corner stores have them - worked best when I removed the copper braiding & torched the coil end.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
What is a controlled dry burn and how you you perform one exactly?

Pry off the needle plate. Sometimes the wick is stuck to the coil, so take it apart very carefully and try not to pull the wick out or you'll have to re-wick it. Then put the atomizer back in and put the cone on. Then press the button, look down the cone, and get the coil to glow. Don't hold it too long. Just get it to glow and release, blowing into after each time to get the charred remains off. Once it's free of the gunk, take it apart and re-assemble the atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread