notification for quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
All I know about is if you post in a thread, when you go to the settings tab at the upper right corner, you can see the threads you've posted in in the past and if someone else has posted after you. Then you can go back and view the thread to see if anyone answered or commented on your posts until you unsubscribe from that thread :)

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Is there a setting to be notified when someone quotes you in an post? I cant seem to find it and I get no notifications when people quote me. I dont want someone attempting to help me thinking I am ignoring them.

I'm not sure if there is one. I have never seen one.

No there is not a notification for quoting, but you can subscribe to the thread.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hmmn, interesting. I wonder what software those forums are using. vBulletin certainly doesn't have that by default, and I can see the appeal in such a function.

I will see if there's a plugin that makes this possible in vBulletin.

[EDIT] - doesn't look as if there's anything that quite fits the bill, although I will keep looking.

Last edited:

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Hmmn, interesting. I wonder what software those forums are using. vBulletin certainly doesn't have that by default, and I can see the appeal in such a function.

I will see if there's a plugin that makes this possible in vBulletin.

[EDIT] - doesn't look as if there's anything that quite fits the bill, although I will keep looking.

"Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0" has those pop-ups

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
I hate those pop up, i have seen them and the lower part of the screen is telling you all the time, you have been quoted, you have been named, you have been thanks and so on

Under "settings", go to "notifications" on the left hand menu. There, you can configure which notifications you receive... or just select "Do Not Receive Notifications" and they are all gone. Or, do not visit that/those forum/forums.

Last edited:

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
Under "settings", go to "notifications" on the left hand menu. There, you can configure which notifications you receive... or just select "Do Not Receive Notifications" and they are all gone. Or, do not visit that/those forum/forums.

i knew that, i am an old dog :D..:evil:

I also know that if that option is implemented in here people are going to go crazy as they went when the facebook and google +1 were running in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread