Status
Not open for further replies.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Why buy a rechargeable battery to throw it away after one use ? I see zero benefit to anyone except the extremely lazy and the most selfish of humans... It's the equivalent of a pipe smoker using a new pipe every time they fancy a smoke. Needless waste.
There are a plethora of small, simple to use pod systems available.

FastTech has 11 pages of disposable e cigarettes listed - fill your boots.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Why buy a rechargeable battery to throw it away after one use ? I see zero benefit to anyone except the extremely lazy and the most selfish of humans... It's the equivalent of a pipe smoker using a new pipe every time they fancy a smoke. Needless waste.

I agree with you completely, but there was a time when there were disposable tobacco pipes, clay. They still pull them out of the Thames to this day, I believe.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio

You have to admit there is a big market for the disposables and plenty of smokers that want the super no fuss, they want the it's like picking up a pack of cigarettes no extras envolved. Plus they have that small cig-like form factor and most starting out believe they need to mimic smoking as closely as possible for that to happen. I'm for what it takes to quit smoking. I think most of us started out on a cig-alike. I know I did back in 2011, not a disposable back then, most were not, now they are.

Recently, I've seen a lot of my friends using disposable Vape, and I'd like to try it, but I'm not sure which brand is better

Hopefully you are using vaping only to quit smoking cigarettes and not just trying to fit in with your friends. Most disposables have a very high nicotine content, ok for smokers trying to quit smoking but it's not something you want to use if you are not a smoker trying to quit.

Last edited:

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Recently, I've seen a lot of my friends using disposable Vape, and I'd like to try it, but I'm not sure which brand is better
As you can see not a lot of love for disposables here and with good reason. If you are a smoker trying to quit smoking with vaping members here can suggest much better gear for you. Not sure how serious you are since you haven't bothered to return to this thread.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

I'm a bit confused. Since you have friends who use disposable vapes, then why not ask them which ones they like most? Will they not share info with you? If so, I would question their friendship ;)

While there are people on ECF who use disposable and semi-disposable vapes, there aren't many so your friends will be a better source of information as to which ones perform better and what is available locally.

Last edited:

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I'm all for people trying to quit smoking, but some things to consider:

Smoking affects mostly just the individual - what they choose to do with their body is their decision. We hope you make the best decisions for yourself, but we're not your parent or physician. You're an adult, do what you will.

Trends/groupthink are bad. I know everyone wants to fit in, but there will never be a trend that ends well. It always, always permutates into something that was not intended - that's how normalization works. Outliers become normalized, and new outliers are created. Rinse, repeat until we hit extremes.

Disposables are terrible for the environment. Just like many other detrimental things that require a bit of foresight to see, people choose to ignore them because "mah freedomzzzzz". Naivety/ignorance isn't an excuse. Please don't, the environment is something we all have to live in, and I believe it's our responsibility to leave it in better condition than we received it. I don't currently see that happening, and I don't wish to advocate to further that trend. There are several better options in regards to vaping, that add a slight amount of maintenance over disposables - and they're also much cheaper.

Sorry if this sounds cynical, but that's my view.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    I agree with you completely, but there was a time when there were disposable tobacco pipes, clay. They still pull them out of the Thames to this day, I believe.

It's true i cannot deny. I doubt many of them where made with rechargeable lithium cells though ;) . . . Next time i'll be more specific -'a pipe that could be used multiple times - but the owner, for convenience and without regard for the environment, chooses to discard in the Thames after one use'....

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Can you imagine the environment if all there were was disposable e-cigs.
    Instead of biodegradable cigarettes laying on our sidewalks, there would be all those plastic POS laying everywhere.

So, No Thanks!
    At this point in time, once/month I place a couple inches of used up wire & a cruddy Ekowool wick in the bin.
    I thoroughly enjoy not having a pocket full of old cigarette filters at the end of the day!

Weisen

Jul 21, 2021
    4f4819ea56eaf4950ec9e013da4fcd0.jpg I already bought it. Let me try it first:pervy:

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I'm in Los Angeles right now, and I can smoke about a pack of cigarettes a day, maybe more if I go out

Greetings from sunny Spain!
    For the price of 3 or so disposables, you can upgrade to something rechargeable/refillable like the Innokin Sceptre.
    I will suggest you invest in two devices; disposable or otherwise. A back up is the best insurance against falling back into cigarettes.

Best of luck on your journey away from smoking.

Pro tip: count the cigarettes you DO NOT smoke.

Cheers
    I

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Greetings from sunny Spain!
    For the price of 3 or so disposables, you can upgrade to something rechargeable/refillable like the Innokin Sceptre.
    I will suggest you invest in two devices; disposable or otherwise. A back up is the best insurance against falling back into cigarettes.

Best of luck on your journey away from smoking.

Pro tip: count the cigarettes you DO NOT smoke.

Cheers
    I
    And the money saved.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I'm in Los Angeles right now, and I can smoke about a pack of cigarettes a day, maybe more if I go out
    I can smoke a pack a day too but I dont. I smoked way more than that for 42 years before I finally stopped. How many years have you smoked? Vaping was designed as an alternative to cigs to help people quit. I dont believe its good for a never-smoker to start using nicotine because it is a lifelong habit for most people and quite difficult to stop. In any form. But, you make up your own mind because only you have to live with your decisions.

Reactions: Falconeer

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

If you are a PAD+ Smoker, you could Easily spend more on Disposables in a Month than on Smokes.

I'm Not a Fan of Disposables. Seems like a Huge Waste of Rare Earth Metals. If you want to Quit Smoking, or at least Cut Down, I would suggest getting a Set-Up that is Rechargeable and Refillable.

It will save you a Lot of Money. It will give you a Better Hit. It will Increase your Ability to Quit Smoking. And it Isn't going straight to the Landfill after 70 or 80 Hits.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread