Now for some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the welcome post, I started this vaping thing in January knowing absolutely nothing, I started with a Kanger Top evod which I still use, And recently ordered a Kanger sub vod kit because I felt like I needed something with a little more oomph. I smoked for almost 48 years, I hand rolled cig's using Drum, or some times Gambler, I smoked a lot of strong Nicaraguan cigars and a pipe, usually captain Black or borkum rif ... I smoked a lot and I liked my smokes STRONG !! ... now comes this issue of e juice, I'm spending more trying to find an e juice that tastes like good strong tobacco and not like sugar with a touch of tobacco flavor than I did on smoking.
the nearest shop to me is 60 miles away so I've been relying on internet reviews, which hasn't worked so well.
I would appreciate any and all recommendations as to juices I might want to try as well as equipment choices. Being 60 years old this stuff is waaay new to me So I seek sage information from those in the know.
Thanks for your help
BTW.. I guess I'm what you call a "Mouth to Lung" Vaper.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
One of my all time favorite e-liquid flavors the a bourbon-flavored Castle Long made by Five Pawns. When I smoked a pipe back in the day, the tobacco I used was Borkim Rif, and this Castle Long reminded me of that.

Not really a fan of tobacco flavors myself. A few years ago I worked in a vape shop, and the tobacco flavors offered by NiQuid were pretty popular among our customers. Give them a look.

The only tobacco flavor I ever used for any length of time was a personal mix I made from NiQuid's Midnight Express, Copper Creek's Coffee (store is out of business), and My Freedom Smoke's Sweet Cream. Mixed in 1/3 portions each. Very tasty.

Last edited:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Hi there,
42 year smoker and age 58 now. I was 54 when I started. If you are a MTL vapor and craving tobacco's a good place to try is Mountain Oak Vapor
I was going to send you a link but it appears there site is not working. I vaped them for years when I first quit. Try Apache or Sweet Virginia.
N.E.T's as recommended above are good but NETS will clog your coils and that is frustrating for someone just starting out.
NETS=naturally extracted tobacco and they are good but best for folks that can build and wick a coil and not have to buy disposables because you will go through coils so fast.
While it is true that tobacco flavors (not NETS, just flavored) do not always taste great there are some good ones (mountain Oak Vapors)
Also try some of the things that are known to be strong with TH (throat hit) like Cinnamon Vapes and Lemon Vapes
Dinner Lady Eliquid Lemon Tart 60ml
Bad Drip E Liquid Ugly Butter 120ml

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I was going to send you a link but it appears there site is not working. I vaped them for years when I first quit. Try Apache or Sweet Virginia.
N.E.T's as recommended above are good but NETS will clog your coils and that is frustrating for someone just starting out.
NETS=naturally extracted tobacco and they are good but best for folks that can build and wick a coil and not have to buy disposables because you will go through coils so fast.
While it is true that tobacco flavors (not NETS, just flavored) do not always taste great there are some good ones (mountain Oak Vapors)
Also try some of the things that are known to be strong with TH (throat hit) like Cinnamon Vapes and Lemon Vapes
Dinner Lady Eliquid Lemon Tart 60ml
Bad Drip E Liquid Ugly Butter 120ml
I meant a link to MOuntain Oak not the others. Those were in case you might like something else that is full of flavor
Here is MOV link
Tennessee Tobacco | Best E-Liquid in the USA Rich Robust Tobacco E-Liquid

LewisW295

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
South Glamorgan, Wales
Without trying to discourage you from vaping (well done btw on kicking the stinkers), the first thing I was ever told was to stop trying to find a liquid that tastes like a smoke. Nothing tastes like that because of the fact it's a combustion reaction of dry materials.

I'm not a massive fan of tobacco flavours personally but most vape shops will have an idea of what you're looking for. Logistically, this isn't viable to just go and see but maybe try giving your local vape shop a ring and see what they recommend?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Without trying to discourage you from vaping (well done btw on kicking the stinkers), the first thing I was ever told was to stop trying to find a liquid that tastes like a smoke. Nothing tastes like that because of the fact it's a combustion reaction of dry materials.

I'm not a massive fan of tobacco flavours personally but most vape shops will have an idea of what you're looking for. Logistically, this isn't viable to just go and see but maybe try giving your local vape shop a ring and see what they recommend?
^ This. Unless the manufacturer is using NET (naturally extracted tobacco), chasing a e-liquid that tastes like a cigarette is almost hopeless. E-liquids typically use concentrated flavoring agents used in the food industry. I'm not aware of any food that tastes like a burning cigarette.

Tips for Novices Seeking Tobacco/Cigarette Flavors

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
My husband is like you and we tried everything tobacco flavored.

What the above person said is true, it's like chasing a unicorn to replicate burning tobacco in a device that doesn't do combustion.. nigh on impossible.

You can get close, but never really get that cigar if you know what I mean.

My husband found a couple flavors he liked..

Dark Honey Tobacco ECigarette Refill

And two from our local B&M that doesn't sell online..

It's not easy to find for the simple fact vaping cannot replicate the flavor of burning tobacco - combustion changes a lot in the flavor, and what you get in a non combustible device seems a cheap imitation or more like chewing tobacco..

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
Hi .
Might be a little soon on your vape journey , but looking at the DIY juice section and the various threads on naturally extracted tobacco.
A very helpful member @Str8vision Is a mine of information.
I've made some excellent NET'S using his methods.
One I really enjoyed and will repeat was from a latakia pipe blend.
It produced a very strong Smokey flavour.
Like I said might be too soon.
Best of luck .

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I never met a tobacco-flavored juice that didn't taste like :censored:. While I wish you all the luck in the world, I personally think one of the best things about vaping is I don't have to taste and smell like an ashtray all the time.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Good advice here, thank you all.
I don't miss the taste of cigarett's what I miss are my cigars ! Maybe i should think more about what the flavor of good maduro cigar would be.
Maybe look for a good smokey bourbon instead.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
as a former pipe smoker i feel your pain, i still love the smell of captain black. i have chased the same unicorn and been left wanting. while its not exactly the same, some of the Alien Visions tobacco flavors are pretty dang good, things like Bobbas bounty and flavor 39 are close approximations of some pipe blends. they also have a havana cured flavor that was a bit too much for me, but i was always a Maduro lover over havana.

as a former pipe smoker i feel your pain, i still love the smell of captain black. i have chased the same unicorn and been left wanting. while its not exactly the same, some of the Alien Visions tobacco flavors are pretty dang good, things like Bobbas bounty and flavor 39 are close approximations of some pipe blends. they also have a havana cured flavor that was a bit too much for me, but i was always a Maduro lover over havana.
Yep Captain Black or good full bodied melt your face off maduro.. I'm going to look into all of these that have been reccomended here and hope I find some thing that hits the spot.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Good advice here, thank you all.
I don't miss the taste of cigarett's what I miss are my cigars ! Maybe i should think more about what the flavor of good maduro cigar would be.
Vaping shines when using tobacco flavors. I believe you mentioned that you have been vaping around 3 months and are are somewhat isolated while being able to devote time to study. I suggest you seriously look into DIY (6 months is generally recommended). The following information should give you a good overview of the requirements to DIY:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dannyv45.130984/
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
http://www.thevaperstable.com/diy/
http://www.ejuicemakers.com/help/
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
A Beginner's Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes by Scottes777 • r/electronic_cigarette
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...es-and-safety-for-the-first-time-juicer.5096/
For questions concerning above, you could post in: DIY E-Liquid

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
My husband is like you and we tried everything tobacco flavored.

What the above person said is true, it's like chasing a unicorn to replicate burning tobacco in a device that doesn't do combustion.. nigh on impossible.

You can get close, but never really get that cigar if you know what I mean.

My husband found a couple flavors he liked..

Dark Honey Tobacco ECigarette Refill

And two from our local B&M that doesn't sell online..

It's not easy to find for the simple fact vaping cannot replicate the flavor of burning tobacco - combustion changes a lot in the flavor, and what you get in a non combustible device seems a cheap imitation or more like chewing tobacco..
More like chewing tobacco, yes. That pretty much nails it. Thats what my peachy cream tobacco diy reminds me of, peach chewing tobacco.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Personally, i stayed away from tobacco flavor so as not to be reminded of what i was quitting. No vape can duplicate the taste of a burning cig. At best, tobacco flavor juices taste like drawing on an unlit cigarette or cigar or even like chewing tobacco. I did make a diy tobacco flavor just for curiosity. I dont vape it regularly, but its a nice break once in a while anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread