The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

now I can suck on a box too

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by dumwaldo, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dumwaldo

dumwaldo Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    Ok second go around for me and this time I used solder. Really ugly solder but I did manage to solder some connections.

making the hole for the atomizer I destroyed one of the clips that holds the box shut so I had to use a rubber band to keep the box closed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YouTube - 05272009020

DW

• Like Like x 1
  2. fenez

fenez Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    My bro just made the same mod, works good but what a juice hog, uses 10ml in like 2 days

3. dumwaldo

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    Is your bro coming to the meet on friday?

My first mod is to delicate to take out but this one is solid enough I will bring it to the meet on friday.

DW

4. fenez

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    Yeah we should be there , he used a aa box and a larger button but that is the same mod

5. dumwaldo

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    I wanted compact but to be honest that tiny button is not at all comfortable. If I hit it with my pinky it really pokes in. I need to use a more calloused finger.

I am thinking my next try is going to be a bigger box with two CR123's to kick out 6v and see how badly it burns my VG juice and see if I end up in the hospital from whatever it is that VG turns into at 280 degrees. 8-o

DW

6. fenez

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    6 volt will hit like a mule.

7. dumwaldo

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    Side thought...

UHM, I got laid off today.

What the heck are you doing up at 2:30 in the morning? :lol:

8. fenez

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    I always stay up late I go to work about 730 am

9. dumwaldo

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    Oh so you have another hour before you need to get to bed then.

Gotta get that solid 4 right?

10. fenez

Feb 15, 2009
    N.Y
    Nah I was just finishing my last coffee and vape , then bed

11. maskgeek

maskgeek Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2009
    Philippines
    What battery size is that? Is it a 3.7V similar to the size of a AA?

12. dumwaldo

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    It is a 10440 360mAH 3.7v and it is the size of a triple A battery so it is actually smaller than a double A.

It came with a 510 passthrough.

I should have a janty stick in a day or two and that comes with another two more of these.

The battery box is a pretty standard 2AAA size from radio shack.

I used the hole where the wires came out as my guide where to drill for the atomizer. That was a mistake. It turned out to be to close to the center that way and I had to 'work' the hole over towards the side. Fortunately I did not try to rip a hole the size of the atomizer in one shot. I worked my way up in drill bit size to try to minimize the potential collateral damage of drilling.

For the button I drilled a hold but then I couldnt get the button into itbecause the plastic in the center of the box was in the way. I used a sharp nipper and cut to the edge of the case just ever so slightly smaller than the hole. That way it took lots of pressure to get the button into place but it is firm and does not move around.

DW

Did I over explain?

13. nicowolf

nicowolf Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2008
    near Akron, OH, USA
    DW, if you put your atomizer hole at the other end of the box, you will have no trouble with anything necessary for opening and closing the box.

14. dumwaldo

Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    Yeah, the hole placement was definitely a mistake. I just didnt want any other holes so I thought since the wire hole was there it would be a good idea.

I have been reading lots on the battery mod forum but some things I guess I will still have to learn through trial and error.

DW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.