Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Then why are we all (most LOL) crying about the fda & vaping? So if they leave our little pet(vping)alone then its ok if their crooked? WOW. So one can say what one wants as long as it is popular?
I learned a long time ago that it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Last edited:

Tanti

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Nebraska
LOL They are not dangerous now? So if they leave vaping alone you folks could care less about what they do. Since this thread isn't healthy,maybe the fda could step in. They will protect you.

OH my, having worked in a pharmacy for 21 years, I can see how drugs could be alot more dangerious than what they are now. The drug companies dont have your best interest in mind, they have their bottom line in mind. Without the testing that FDA mandates and rules and standards they put in place, alot of people would be dead. There is so much more that people dont see that the FDA does expecially with drugs. In 21 years I saw alot of things BD trying to get away with things and the FDA stopping them. So be thankful we have something in place to protect the consumer, no matter how many bad things they seem to do they do 10 times more good. The average joe would never know all the things that go on with in the drug field. Every single drug on the market today has side effects, some more than others, the good the drugs do out weight the side effects and most times they go away. Its up to the DR. to determine if the drug is the right one for you. Even an aspirin can kill you. course so can water if you drink to much of it. Life can be a dangerious place, you can get hit by a car, struck by lightning, choke on chicken, fall in your bathroom and die. The FDA reduces the risk of drugs and food.

As far as the e-cig and FDA, its alot more than just them, its every organization out there that is anti-smoking quite or die attidude that are pushing for regulation or to be done away with totally. I dont see people climbing on a band wagon against them. BD, BT push hard for their agendas. We dont know what they are going to do so why get all up in the air and freaking out until we do know.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Heck ya! nothing better than frito scoops and some artery clogging, heart stoppin, greasy as all get out, fda approved bean dip.
I absolutely love Fettuccine Alfredo, which has been called "heart attack on a plate".
I haven't had any in about 10 years, but I still crave it to this very day.

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
Nobody is defending them, if anything, people are deriding the OP for his somewhat over-zealous anti-government talk. Ever hear the old adage about not cutting off your nose in spite of your face? That kind of applies here.

It's actually 'cutting off your nose TO spite your face' & I really don't see how it applies.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
The problem here is not the idea but rather the presentation. Let's say I invite you over for dinner and prepare a filet cooked to perfection, a nice baked potato and a lovely side of lightly seasoned veggies. Then imagine I take the lid off my trash can, turn it over and serve this nice meal to you on it. Would you eat it?

It is all in presentation. You can have the best argument in the world but when you come across as a crass person, your argument loses validity. Right or wrong, that is what happens. I agree that the FDA has issues and doesn't really care about our health. But I can assure you I would never ask mikejm to join me in a presentation to a professional group to voice that opinion. That would be as bad as inviting a three year old throwing a temper tantrum.

People tend to take you seriously when you present yourself in a professional manner. And this thread is not professional.

Tanti

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Nebraska
Ok then, why don't we all just suck on our Pell Mels and wash down our cottonseed oil drenched Frito's with BHO saturated Mountain Dew and platter on about what a useful FDA we have and then sign a petition to increase our fluoride rations?

my dr gave my daughters fluoride pills for their teeth. and wow I love frito's and Dr Pepper! tortilla chips, potato chips, deep fried mozzarella sticks fried in canola oil. Chocolate and more chocolate. Life is not all about being safe and eatting the right htings all the time.
What I dont like is going and getting food that is moldy that was made without a preservitive when ive only had it a few days.
SO what is your point ?

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
I do. And I'm closing this thread because it is apparent that even though the OP is trying to create an atmosphere of change, it is also very apparent that his methods are not acceptable. Aggressiveness has its place but ECFs policy is to create change without overt aggression and zealotry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread